Picnic Point Henry Lawson Drive

reeseman

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to know if anyone has fished picnic point and if they caught anything. Is it ok to eat from etc. And what techniques worked best for you, i noticed alot of mullet on the surface, very small though. And 2 people caught a small bream and a little flattie. So i was just wondering if anyone can be so kind as to share some stories or catches from that place.

Kind Regards Reeseman

i never fished at picnic point before, but i have fished at oatley and lugarno area when i was a little kid. they were some nice bream and flatty there and i saw heard that there is a deep spot near oatley bridge where jew fish are. they are also the annoying sting rays.

they area where i fish is pretty close to you so i am guessing you can eat the fish you catch from there.

through out the years, i have been eating fish that i catch there and they seem to be safe to eat for me and my friends

Edited by avoca_mC

Hey mate, i usually fish at picnic point most weekends. Main catches are bream, heaps of small ones but do get the ocassional bigger one, caught a 42cm one just last week on a 3 week old prawn :thumbup: Also get smaller whiting and some 30cm+ trevs. I mainly use prawns and chicken breast and find it better on the run in tide. Gets fairly busy on the weekends so get there early to get a good spot.

Cheers Matt

Well i was going to get up early this morning for a fish at picnic point thought it would be relaxing to throw a line in. Ended up not sleeping until 4am so that shot my fishing trip out the window. "sigh" ever have those days when u plan to go for a fish and something has to happen to bugger it up!

Ah well next time i guess...... tomorrow maybe :biggrin2:

Well i was going to get up early this morning for a fish at picnic point thought it would be relaxing to throw a line in. Ended up not sleeping until 4am so that shot my fishing trip out the window. "sigh" ever have those days when u plan to go for a fish and something has to happen to bugger it up!

Ah well next time i guess...... tomorrow maybe :biggrin2:

Mate had one of those days too, but I decided to just stay awake and leave at 6am for a bit of a landbased bash on the Georges flats and I was glad I did!

Managed to bag my first fish on a SP with a 70mm Squidgy Fish in Killer Tomato rigged on a 2 gram #2 Squidgy jighead doing the damage, and I quickly followed that flatty up with a whiting a few casts later! Sadly though it was all I got with the fish going off the bite when the wind really started to pick up.

I resorted to throwing a 1/8th TT Switchblade around a few pylons and across the flats for not even a touch either so they had well and truly shut down by midday with even my mate who was fishing with prawns getting no nibbles

All in all definitely worth having been awake for 30 hours before hitting the hay again since you can always catch up on sleep, you can never catch up on fishing! at least that's the way I look at it! ;)

Mate had one of those days too, but I decided to just stay awake and leave at 6am for a bit of a landbased bash on the Georges flats and I was glad I did!

Managed to bag my first fish on a SP with a 70mm Squidgy Fish in Killer Tomato rigged on a 2 gram #2 Squidgy jighead doing the damage, and I quickly followed that flatty up with a whiting a few casts later! Sadly though it was all I got with the fish going off the bite when the wind really started to pick up.

I resorted to throwing a 1/8th TT Switchblade around a few pylons and across the flats for not even a touch either so they had well and truly shut down by midday with even my mate who was fishing with prawns getting no nibbles

All in all definitely worth having been awake for 30 hours before hitting the hay again since you can always catch up on sleep, you can never catch up on fishing! at least that's the way I look at it! ;)

LOL man 30 hours of being awake then fishing, your a champion! where abouts is the Georges flats?

LOL man 30 hours of being awake then fishing, your a champion! where abouts is the Georges flats?

Oh thats nothing I've stayed up much longer just to get out there fishing ;)

I was fishing some flats in Kograh bay but there are sand flats all over the Georges worth a flick but they fish best during the warmer weather and with not too much wind like we are getting at the moment since you generally have to use light weights/line eg real finesse gear to get the bites and when its blowing 20-30k flicking 2 gram weights is a real pain if you're landbased, I like to fish with only a light wind, enough to ripple the water so they aren't as spooky say around 5-10km/h