Newbie To The Area

james.priest

Gday Raiders

This is my first post on the forums, i have recently moved to Sydney "carlingford area" from coffs harbour, i had done plenty of fishing up there from the canoe chasing bass to in my old mans quintrex chasing mackerel, but it was time for me to leave the nest and here i am, i have recently bought a boat and spent my weekends getting her ready, i would like some advice on areas to fish at and whats available. i have attached a few before and after shots of my boat, cheers.

post-16170-026193200 1289176951_thumb.jpg

post-16170-091730000 1289176993_thumb.jpg

post-16170-069756500 1289177073_thumb.jpg

nice set up :thumbup:

you should try the Georges River

From Carlingford its not too far to head to the Hawkesbury. You can launch at Berowra Waters, Brooklyn, Mooney Mooney, Apple Tree Bay or Akuna Bay. Some pretty decent fishing on the Hawkesbury. Just pop up the F3, which is about 15mins away.

Hi James,

Welcome to Sydney. Thats a great boat you've got there, Im jealous.

I fish Berowra Creek, launch from the Berowra waters marina which is a great ramp with plently of free parking, pontoon and fish cleaning table. The tinny we fish from is similar to yours and to do well you need to hug the shore and fish the rocks, sunken timber and snags. We use handlines with light line 6-10lbs. Fresh baits such as nippers, peeled hawkesbury prawns and cut mullet fillets work well. Rigs are a simple unweighted hook. Target fish are bream, can't help you with jewies ect.

It is a spot we fish at night only. If your looking for a mate to go fishing with I'd be happy to show you some spots and share costs.

Good luck,

Paul

Hi James & :1welcomeani: to Fishraider.

Parramatta River is also an option for you and plenty of spots to electric around for bream.

Cheers Blood Knot

Thanks for you help Blood knot

i love going out and catching a feed but i have herd a bit of talk about fish from the Parra river could you comment on this ? cheers

Gday Raiders

This is my first post on the forums, i have recently moved to Sydney "carlingford area" from coffs harbour, i had done plenty of fishing up there from the canoe chasing bass to in my old mans quintrex chasing mackerel, but it was time for me to leave the nest and here i am, i have recently bought a boat and spent my weekends getting her ready, i would like some advice on areas to fish at and whats available. i have attached a few before and after shots of my boat, cheers.

Let me know what species your after and I will give you a suggestion for each.

For now, I'm not 100% certain because I've only ever seen transom mount leccy's utilised off the bow as yours but it seems to me that you may have to loosen and rotate the head 180 degrees?

Otherwise your reaching out past the bow in order to steer while moving forward.

Great lookin set up though you've done a good job!

Welcome to Sydney aswell, although im buggered if I know why you would leave god's coutry for this rat race! :074:

Musty

Edited by musty

Let me know what species your after and I will give you a suggestion for each.

For now, I'm not 100% certain because I've only ever seen transom mount leccy's utilised off the bow as yours but it seems to me that you may have to loosen and rotate the head 180 degrees?

Otherwise your reaching out past the bow in order to steer while moving forward.

Great lookin set up though you've done a good job!

Welcome to Sydney aswell, although im buggered if I know why you would leave god's coutry for this rat race! :074:

Musty

Cheers Musty

Shows how much i have taken it out... ever since i bought it noting but rain, :1badmood:

I have a Mariner super 15hp for the back, i welded up a bracket for the electric motor to sit on the front and also one for the rear i can post up a picture if you like.

i would like to do a range of fishing salt, and fresh and catch a feed of mud crabs to if there is some about. i hate buying bait from the shop haha keen on catching it fresh. Squid nippers poddys, yeah but if there is some places around like that please let me no, yeah to right about gods country!

Jim

Edited by james.priest

Cheers Musty

Shows how much i have taken it out... ever since i bought it noting but rain, :1badmood:

I have a Mariner super 15hp for the back, i welded up a bracket for the electric motor to sit on the front and also one for the rear i can post up a picture if you like.

i would like to do a range of fishing salt, and fresh and catch a feed of mud crabs to if there is some about. i hate buying bait from the shop haha keen on catching it fresh. Squid nippers poddys, yeah but if there is some places around like that please let me no, yeah to right about gods country!

Jim

Squid, nippers and poddies can all be found in Port Hacking. Poddy's can be found just about anywhere in the Georges River and squid in most places holding kelp in the lower section of Sydney Harbour. Yellowtail can be found in most areas before it becomes brackish. Goodluck

Musty