Furuno Ls4100 Fish Finder

burnsie

Hi Guys,

im looking at getting a Furuno LS4100 fishfinder and was wondering if anyone has used them before?

i was in BCF to have a look at the unit and it seemed really dim... im not sure if it was just the setting.. any advice would be great!

thanks

I've got one, and the dimness is a setting you can adjust. They're good quality, and IMO up there with the best grayscale sounder available at that price point. They do the job well, but consider a colour sounder, I've also got a Lowerance x67c for my kayak and I like it a lot.

Mick

Hi Guys,

im looking at getting a Furuno LS4100 fishfinder and was wondering if anyone has used them before?

i was in BCF to have a look at the unit and it seemed really dim... im not sure if it was just the setting.. any advice would be great!

thanks

Im the same as Mick. Got an LS-4100 in the boat and a Lowrance x67c on the kayak.

The Furuno was the best greyscale sounder I could find at the time and I dare say probably still is since the trend nowadays is to go colour. The LS-4100 can be a very powerful sounder with heaps of detail if you know how to work it correctly.

I was kindly given some documents with hints and tips for this sounder by a fellow raider a while ago and have never looked back since. I can sound out schools of fish such as estuary perch, bait school, bream, and individual fish such as kings or jews.

The key is to get it out of auto mode, switch to manual then analyse the hell out of what u see... After a while it becomes quite obvious when your on hard bottom, soft, over weed, etc.

They do seem a little pricey IMO but are sometimes on special. The major boating shop has a big catalogue which comes out a few times a year I think and if you keep your eye's peeled you may find it for $100 less than what it normally retails for.

I did, and it was this time of year roughly so I bought myself a christmas present! Thats what you got to do when u have no mates :074:

Musty

thanks for the info guys. I can buy on from america for around 375 US with transducer which i think is pretty cheap or i theres on one online shop so ill see what happens.

Musty if i do get one if possible would u e able to pass on some tips and what not...

thanks,

Adam

thanks for the info guys. I can buy on from america for around 375 US with transducer which i think is pretty cheap or i theres on one online shop so ill see what happens.

Musty if i do get one if possible would u e able to pass on some tips and what not...

thanks,

Adam

I don't have any reason to plug them apart from the fact that they were massively helpful last week in me choosing a sounder, but give the guys at Huett a call. They will give you a Raider price and although it won't be $375 it will be as good as certain auction sites best Oz prices. I was very surprised at how competitive they were price wise. Plus you get the proper back up for it if it were to go wrong and advice on fitting, usage etc. You obviously have to factor in postage as well.

Worth checking out...

James

thanks,

Adam

Yeh mate I would be mindfull about trying to go around the back door and getting it imported from the states or whatever. That price for $375 is $5 less than what i paid here in Sydney 2 years ago on special just prior to christmas.

Wen u get it from overseas Furuno Australia wont want to touch any warranty claim for a start and rightly so, and considering its only $100 more even now while its not on special i think its not a lot of money when u factor in piece of mind and after sales service, even knowing that it will all be perfect when it comes out of the box and if not its only a short drive back to the store u bought it from for an exchange.

Having said that its each to their own.

It wouldnt hurt to ask Huey for a price- i've only ever heard good things about his service and prices so it would be wise me thinks.

If you do buy one regardless of where and want some detailed information on tuning it for best performance im happy to help you out.

Musty