Bendalong

Thommo

G'day,

Anyone have any current fishing reports for Bendalong (NSW). I am heading down that way on the 21/11/10 for a week with a heap of mates. It will also be the maiden voyage for the new Formosa Tomahawk 620, so a fish will be a bonus.

Thanks,

Thommo

Thanks for that Deek, I know a few spots down that way. I hope to fish a bit wider this year due to the bigger boat (weather dependant), I did hear from a another mate of mine thet their are plenty of Flathead south of Green Island in about 65 metres of water. I also intend to try Bannister Peak for a Kingy or two. I will submit a report if we do any good.

Cheers,

Thommo

Hi Thommo,

Im regularly at bendalong/manyana.I have never fished it I need to build up the confidence level of

the father inlaw he doesnt like to travel too far

Have you ever pulled a kingy from Bannister. I hope to be there around Xmas.

have you got any pics of your Formosa Tomahawk 620.

Alphabet

G'Day,

Alphabet,

I'm hoping to be down there at Xmas as well. Friends have a holiday place down there & we regularly go down as well. I'll PM you my details if you like and maybe we can go out for a fish?

Regards

Deek

Alphabet, I have no idea how to post a photo, so if you send me your email address I will send you a couple. I only picked it up today and I must say it looks pretty impressive. I have never fished Bannister Peak but I know a few guys who have caught kings there.

Cheers,

Thommo

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thommo

I have had the pleasure of fishing Bendalong for over 30 years

It is a great Snapper spot

We have had best success either off the front of "Rocky Bay" - which is at the southern end of Inyadda beach or up off Berrara

There are a number of bommies up there and anchoring off the on the gravel and fishing a burley trail seems to get the best results

No shortage of tailor, salmon and sometimes kings trolling close to shore from the boat ramp all the wal to Rocky Bay

Also plenty of flathead out the front of green island

Good squid fishing off the weed beds out the front of the boat ramp

Enjoy your trip and good luck

Hope this has been of help to you

Aqua Monster

Thanks for your reply Aqua Monster, we got back home on Monday (I love packing up camp in the rain NOT). The fishing was pretty hard with the water being extreamly cold at some stages we had 14.5 deg C some days, not many Snapper caught with the biggest going only just over 1.6 kg's plenty of Mowies & Flathead though with the biggest Mowie at 1.8 kg and Flathead at just over 1.5 kg's. We also caught heaps of Pig fish this year with the biggest at just under 1 kg. We were plauged by Northerly winds all week which tends to put a good surge on the ramp as you would no, at least we had plenty of water to bring the boats in with the high tide in mid morning. We also found the Slimey Mackerel very few and far between which I guess was due to the cold water.

Rads, next time I'm in the boat I with get the marks for Bannister Peak and put them on here for you.

Cheers,

Thommo

G'day Rads, sorry I hadn't come back to you Iv'e been flat out with work commitments. Bannister Peak is 35 19 066 South & 150 31 149 East, good luck hopefully the water is warmer for you than it was for us.

Have a good trip and let us know how you go!

Thommo

• 1 month later...

Bad luck about the Nissan rads, was it the big tree on its own as you turn down towards the ramp? Sorry about the mark being slightly off I had never really checked it but it was provided by a good mate of mine so I had no reason to question it. Sounds like you had a good time though and even a few fish which is a bonus. I just got back from a couple of weeks at Gerroa, fished out of Kiama a few times with plenty of small reddies and mowies with a few flathead from north Bombo thrown in as well!

We had a great day on the duskies in the Shoalhaven river last Friday after catching a few poddies in Crooked river few bait.

Cheers

Thommo