Botany Bay 11/04

kikila

Hit the water at 6am first shot was over near the fish trap, burlied heavily with bread and chook pellets had one good run but other that that all we could catch were little snapper :( . Made a move over to the cans where there was plenty of fish showing on the sounder go the burley going again and got XOS yakkas and slimies in the trail and had some fun for the next hour or so :biggrin2: but went off the bite as the sun burnt though the overcast. Near the top of the tide we went back over to the fish trap as we have found that it seems to be a better high tide spot then the low. Within 5 minutes I had a good run with the fish swimming under the fish trap and wrapping me around a mooring rope but I could still feel the fish kicking on the end of the line so dropping the boat back on the anchor and managed free the rope and landed a nice 36cm bream had 2 more good runs but both fish did me on the fish trap :( I also had a run from a cormorant which did me on the trap as well :074:. My mate Mick had an unusual capture he caught an octopus in a jar :risata: . While at the fish trap wombat came over for a visit and to try his luck it was the first time we were able to catch up since the Hawksbury social :thumbup: . We then decided to try for some lizards we did a drift wide off Silvers Beach for 1 average flatty. Before heading home we gave the third runway a shot picking up a nice flatty of 50cm and 3 more average ones we pulled the pin at 2pm hoping to beat the traffic home only to have truck broken down in the air port tunnel and took us an extra hour and half to get home. :1badmood::1badmood::1badmood:

post-227-1115804231_thumb.jpg

post-227-1115804267_thumb.jpg

Thats a nice bream Chris, still have to catch up for that fish on Botany.

Haven't been near the water now for about 7 weeks, hopefully get out next week and maybe for the hairtail night :unsure:

47517[/snapback]

G/Day Rob

It's been nearly 2 months since I've had the boat out last, been crook :( . I’ll get in touch and we will have a fish soon :thumbup:

nice bream there chris & an interesting occy trap. by the way ROXY is going great guns , will post some pics next week. ED

47519[/snapback]

G/Day ED

looking forward to seeing pics of Roxy hope your getting a lot of joy from her :biggrin2:

G/Day Rob

It's been nearly 2 months since I've had the boat out last, been crook :( . I’ll get in touch and we will have a fish soon  :thumbup:

47602[/snapback]

Sounds good mate, been about the same amount of time since I've wet a line also so it would be good :thumbup: