Surf Rods - Azagaie (Pacific Composite) 10-15Kg 13,2Ft

spizza

Hi guys,

I came across some of these Agazaie rods (Mustard in colour)in a local tackle shop and they look very impressive and at a reasonable price. I am interested in the 10-15kg low mount outfit that I saw for 650 - 700 Alvey. Looks like a MT7144, but didn't mention on the stick.

Does anyone own one and know much about the brand Angler Pacific?

Cheers,

Spizza

Edited by spizza

Hi guys,

I came across some of these Agazaie rods (Mustard in colour)in a local tackle shop and they look very impressive and at a reasonable price. I am interested in the 10-15kg low mount outfit that I saw for 650 - 700 Alvey. Looks like a MT7144, but didn't mention on the stick.

Does anyone own one and know much about the brand Angler Pacific?

Cheers,

Spizza

I know the MT7144 is a fantastic surf blank. If you do a lot of surf fishing you should get a MT7144 custome made, I have never heard of the Agazaie brand

I know the MT7144 is a fantastic surf blank. If you do a lot of surf fishing you should get a MT7144 custome made, I have never heard of the Agazaie brand

Hi Squire, there is little info on Azagaie rods on the net (& most of it very highly complimented by WA surf fisho's), and it seems the company is Pacific Composites Pty Ltd, which may not be around anymore(?). I've ended up buying the rod today and looking at it I'm very impressed with the build and finish (old school Mustard colour, perfect for an old school 700A5 :thumbup: . I have a few MT7144's so this is another nice addition. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Spizza

Edited by spizza

I worked in a fishing shop in Sydney for a long time and havent had much to do with tackle and gear since. As soon as you mentioned MT7144 it rang a bell as back in the late 90's early 00's it was the serious fisho's first choice beach rod. It is a Pacific Composites blank, I built many custom one's years ago.

I also have a nice 2 piece Snyderglas similar to the above rod sitting around. I wanted one for years but I have never used it!

I worked in a fishing shop in Sydney for a long time and havent had much to do with tackle and gear since. As soon as you mentioned MT7144 it rang a bell as back in the late 90's early 00's it was the serious fisho's first choice beach rod. It is a Pacific Composites blank, I built many custom one's years ago.

I also have a nice 2 piece Snyderglas similar to the above rod sitting around. I wanted one for years but I have never used it!

Snyder Glas's are the holy grail for most hardcore surf fisho's, if it's in new condition it will still hold good value.

I saw one (7144) go on a famous online shop last week for a couple hundred dollars. Snyder closed down a couple of years ago so they are nostalgic now and sought after. In saying that, Wilson fishing stepped in and is planning to re-release Snyder Glas to the market very soon.

Snyder Glas's are the holy grail for most hardcore surf fisho's, if it's in new condition it will still hold good value.

I saw one (7144) go on a famous online shop last week for a couple hundred dollars. Snyder closed down a couple of years ago so they are nostalgic now and sought after. In saying that, Wilson fishing stepped in and is planning to re-release Snyder Glas to the market very soon.

Mine is a 7144, I might put it on "the famous online shop" :biggrin2:

Hi Squire, there is little info on Azagaie rods on the net (& most of it very highly complimented by WA surf fisho's), and it seems the company is Pacific Composites Pty Ltd, which may not be around anymore(?). I've ended up buying the rod today and looking at it I'm very impressed with the build and finish (old school Mustard colour, perfect for an old school 700A5 :thumbup: . I have a few MT7144's so this is another nice addition. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Spizza

Pacific composites also goes by the name excel composites, found this out when my excel composites blank arrived with pacific composites stickers/tags. Unsure if either have closed but I found it hard to source a pacific composites blank when building my rod, glad I went with the excel but being the same blank.

Pacific composites also goes by the name excel composites, found this out when my excel composites blank arrived with pacific composites stickers/tags. Unsure if either have closed but I found it hard to source a pacific composites blank when building my rod, glad I went with the excel but being the same blank.

thanks, could also be this company, they seem to carry excel composites - http://www.therodworks.com.au/

Hi Woodchop (+ Squire), as rod builder(s) you may be able to help me with this question: My Angler Azagaie is rated for 10-15kg, but is a 5 Wrap (Composite), given on the rod is has the model as AB5157, which I know refers to 5 Wrap, 157inches long (which = 13,2ft) - correct?

I know most MT7144's are usually rated for up to 10kg line, so am very surprised this model Ab5157 is rated to 15kg line? I got to tell you the rod actually feels heavy duty and very capable of managing big baits, casting etc. Can you shed any light? Can 5 wraps depending on build be as solid as 7 wraps etc?

Cheers,

S.

Hi Woodchop (+ Squire), as rod builder(s) you may be able to help me with this question: My Angler Azagaie is rated for 10-15kg, but is a 5 Wrap (Composite), given on the rod is has the model as AB5157, which I know refers to 5 Wrap, 157inches long (which = 13,2ft) - correct?

I know most MT7144's are usually rated for up to 10kg line, so am very surprised this model Ab5157 is rated to 15kg line? I got to tell you the rod actually feels heavy duty and very capable of managing big baits, casting etc. Can you shed any light? Can 5 wraps depending on build be as solid as 7 wraps etc?

Cheers,

S.

I think Wraps relates to the thickness of the fibreglass used, so if thats true the 7 wrap would have to be the stronger out of the two.