My New Toy

iMick

Picked one up today and itching to load it up. Paired with a Saragosa 8000 with 50lb braid. My drag pulled just over 9kg not locked up but tight, could get more drag out of it but it was smooth at 9kg.

Anyone use a Supreme Jig? I'm using it mainly for downrigging.

http://www.purefishing.com.au/rods/pflueger/supreme-jig-rod/

This is my 5th Pflueger rod, and so far I've got nothing but quality for a fair price. Thumbs up to the sponsors.

Mick

Edited by iMick

iMick,

Congrats on the new purchase! Was it a planned purchase or just on a whim?

Where is the new reel? How do you test your drag? My 2500 is supposed to be able to pull 9kg.

In saying that, the new rod I got yesterday says maximum of 2kg drag on it????

Tight lines mate, I hope your new combo is blooded soon!

Regards,

Rob

iMick,

Congrats on the new purchase! Was it a planned purchase or just on a whim?

Where is the new reel? How do you test your drag? My 2500 is supposed to be able to pull 9kg.

In saying that, the new rod I got yesterday says maximum of 2kg drag on it????

Tight lines mate, I hope your new combo is blooded soon!

Regards,

Rob

Cheers mate. The purchase was a whim, but I've been eyeing it out for a while, can't buy too much fishing gear all at once, I'll get in trouble with the :wife: .

Most 2500 size reels have about 7kgs of drag but a locked up 2500 wouldn't work for me because I use 10lb on my 2500 therefore the line would snap before the locked drag even kicked in. Saragosa 8000's are supposed to have a 12kg drag and I reckon I would have got around that if I locked it up.

The reel I've had for a couple of months now and got broken in about a week ago.

You can test the drag on good fish scales, I like using the ones where there is a memory bar that holds at the highest weight you've pulled.

Mick

Edited by iMick