The Hidden Cost Of Tackle Maintenance

slinkymalinky

Just had a scary realization.

If you've visited Fishraider's Tackle Maintenance forum you might have noticed I rebuilt and refurbished Jewhunter's ABU 10000CL a little over 6 months ago. At the time and since, I've been quick to say how it rekindled my love of ABU's awesomely engineered reels.

6 months or so down the track and I now own 9 ABUs, including finally having tracked down a Swedish made 2-speed 10000.

Maintaining tackle is meant to save money isn't it? :tease:

I suppose the other way to look at it is that it shows how neglecting your reels can cost a lot... in this case, Jewhunter's neglect and my wallet :074:

Cheers, Slinky

9 is enougth to fish with ,if i was to count how many abus i have it would have to be over 80 reels and enougth parts to build that again ,love my abus

just a few to look at

dcp02456.jpg

DAMN! :1yikes:

Do you guys actually get any time to go fishing with all the time spent haording tackle???

:074:

Musty

OMG Customcasting - and I thought SLinky had an addiction to Abus!! :1yikes:

Congratulations, Slinky on the purchase of yout Ab 10000!!! SHOW US THE PICTURES!!!! The hunt was worth it, to score a prize like that!! :yahoo::thumbup:

I guess it will be your 'next' pimping project???

Cheerio

Roberta

9 is enougth to fish with ,if i was to count how many abus i have it would have to be over 80 reels and enougth parts to build that again ,love my abus

just a few to look at

dcp02456.jpg

:074: :074: :074:

People like you are the reason it was so hard getting my hands on a 10000 for less than the price of a small sedan :074:

I fish with all of mine but it's easy to see how it can turn into a collecting habit as much as a fishing habit. There's something about ABUs that just hooks you in... I think it's like some of the classic cars vs most of todays. Modern cars are really sophisticated but have lost their 'soul'.

ABUs have passion and a personality... much more Sophia Loren than Tyra Banks.

Most Fishraiders will think I'm going nuts but I bet you know exactly what I'm talking about, CustomCasting.

Cheers, Slinky

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Damn, that is a fine collection. I always blame Slinky for any new tackle I purchase, now HE'S got someone to blame! :074:

C'mon Slink, show us the reel collection :biggrin2:

Skip

thats not the whole collection of abus just a few that are new or as new .

one day i might have to count how many alveys i have.

The reel in the 2nd row, 4th from the front, do my eyes decieve me or is that a snakehead 6500c? And is that possibly two more right at the back? No wonder so many abu's have become rare collectors items. Very nice collection indeed.

Edited by woodch0p