What The?

billseeker

What is the weirdest thing you have caught in your crab trap.Had a mate who is camping at patonga for the weekend and he put some crab traps in out the front of patonga yesterday afternoon he is pulling one in and low and behold there is a 80cm cobia curled up in the trap.

Much better catch then some crabs anyway I suppose that is why the fish is so mysterious they just turn up whenever and wherever they feel.

What is the weirdest thing you have caught in your crab trap.Had a mate who is camping at patonga for the weekend and he put some crab traps in out the front of patonga yesterday afternoon he is pulling one in and low and behold there is a 80cm cobia curled up in the trap.

Much better catch then some crabs anyway I suppose that is why the fish is so mysterious they just turn up whenever and wherever they feel.

A 2 meter long pike eel with fangs bigger than my little jack russells canines, and girth as big as my arms! Had obviously gone in then done the death rolls and had muzzled its self good and proper around the jaws and gills. I also had a crab in there, Not wanting to deal with it all out there as i was ready to leave i brought the mess home eel included. Got MASSIVE amounts of clean white meat from the eel but it was one of the most tastless and boney fish i have ever attempted to eat! Never again

Musty

Caught a 4kg flathead in a trap once!