Quiet Morning On The Hacking

The Iceman

Hit Port Hacking this morning for a couple of hours mainly to see how my outboard was going after previously playing up Happy to say it started first pull everytime

Hung around Burraneer Bay till I was confident with the outboard for not even a touch fished pontoons and boat hulls

Finally decided to head over to a favorite flat even though it doesnt fish well on the full moon in the morning Still managed a few small trevally and flatties on LIMPS(nickname given to squidgy lobbys with the dangly bits cut off and rigged from the head to look like a prawn)rigged on a hidden weight jighead Saw plenty of good bream in the clear water but couldnt get them interested in the limp so I decided to change to my favorite lure for that area even though I only had one left and they are near imposible to get a Tiemco stick minnow colour 007 First cast nice 30cm tarwhine second cast saw a big bream take it in clear view zzzzz ting(insert swear words)bream took the lure head first and the 4lb leader parted Tied on a berkely subdog fast becoming a favorite lure as it has performed well down in the basin for not even a touch Tried a few other lures for nothing and packed up and went home Now on a mission to get some subdogs sent away to be repainted in the stick minnow colour

Its still good to get out aint it Andrew? :biggrin2: you did alright considering and spewing about your last lure :ranting2:

I have bought some sub dogs too so hopefully when im down the basin in a couple of weekends ill give them a good working out, i might have to ask neil about how you make the lobbys into limps

:thumbup:

Cheers

Pete

Not having to much luck down in the hacking are you mate :ranting2:

I had a good crack at that system a few years back with similar results, now i just use the hacking to collect live bait before heading offshore.

Mick

I usually do ok in the Hacking you need to fish it light and during the week

Its just on a full moon you need to fish the afternoons

Its still good to get out aint it Andrew? :biggrin2: you did alright considering and spewing about your last lure :ranting2:

I have bought some sub dogs too so hopefully when im down the basin in a couple of weekends ill give them a good working out, i might have to ask neil about how you make the lobbys into limps

:thumbup:

Cheers

Pete

Neil doesnt know anything about limps yet I heard about it from some tournie guys and that was the first time I tried it Should work well at Towra but the trevs seem to like them

Iceman, well done for getting out, sorry I could not make it, spent ALL day driving backwards and forwards getting things done. Pitty about the lure :1badmood:

How do you get the colours changed on the lures? I thought that the colour was combined with the plastic during manufacture. I have an airbrush with acrylic paints and clear coat..........

Glad your boat was ok.

There was a tournament in GB. second place was a flatty at 89cm, winner was 93cm, I was told by a mate.

I have always cut the tail flaps off the lobby and rigged it with the arms swimming freely..... never caught ANYTHING on them yet, which does not mean much considering I have only just starting catching the easiest fish on sp's.

Regards,

Rob

Yeh fullmoon on the flats is always tough work....

Do you guys fish Tournie's???

Was there something on in the Georges-B Bay on sundee, had about 4 boats fly past us at 5.30-6 at captain cook bridge.

Yep when I can even won one back in january

A fishing club from around Penrith had a social comp on in the bay

Iceman, well done for getting out, sorry I could not make it, spent ALL day driving backwards and forwards getting things done. Pitty about the lure :1badmood:

How do you get the colours changed on the lures? I thought that the colour was combined with the plastic during manufacture. I have an airbrush with acrylic paints and clear coat..........

Glad your boat was ok.

There was a tournament in GB. second place was a flatty at 89cm, winner was 93cm, I was told by a mate.

I have always cut the tail flaps off the lobby and rigged it with the arms swimming freely..... never caught ANYTHING on them yet, which does not mean much considering I have only just starting catching the easiest fish on sp's.

Regards,

Rob

One of the tournie guys in Brisbane does custom paint jobs on lures and no they are painted not combined as far as I know

Could you do a metalic silver with an olive back and red gills Its a colour scheme I want to try on some of breambuckets vibes

Ive only caught bream on lobbies using them as a surface lure by chopping the tail off and rigging them on a resin head The way I tried is to cut the arms off and rig them on a hidden weight jighead

Outboard went great amazing what new fuel new plugs and cleaning the fuel filter will do

Chris Webber memorial classic was on in the basin on saturday

One of the tournie guys in Brisbane does custom paint jobs on lures and no they are painted not combined as far as I know

Could you do a metalic silver with an olive back and red gills Its a colour scheme I want to try on some of breambuckets vibes

Ive only caught bream on lobbies using them as a surface lure by chopping the tail off and rigging them on a resin head The way I tried is to cut the arms off and rig them on a hidden weight jighead

Outboard went great amazing what new fuel new plugs and cleaning the fuel filter will do

Chris Webber memorial classic was on in the basin on saturday

Im painting my ones now mate just have to work out what clear i can use that wont be affected by s factor

Colors i have painted so far sort of look like the eco gear 439 and 443 colours and im goin to do somethin similar to the 435 colour soon. im also trying out some custom naturals along with TT's gold noggin

do you have a pic of what you would like?

Im painting my ones now mate just have to work out what clear i can use that wont be affected by s factor

Colors i have painted so far sort of look like the eco gear 439 and 443 colours and im goin to do somethin similar to the 435 colour soon. im also trying out some custom naturals along with TT's gold noggin

do you have a pic of what you would like?

There is no pic of the blade colour its something I thought of that could work based on baitfish colours

Have you thought of making the blades about a third smaller?

There is no pic of the blade colour its something I thought of that could work based on baitfish colours

Have you thought of making the blades about a third smaller?

ok im off to buy some paint this arvo :)

yeah i will soon im in the process of tryin to find someone to make a mould for the heads for me