Ummmmm.....

slinkymalinky

Sorry I’m pretty new to the larger reel family,

What rod would you match this reel too,

Would this reel be suitable for throwing plastics and live baiting for Sydney kings,

What type of fishing would be suitable for this reel?

I have a stx20, and dammm, it’s a crazy reel for the price.

thanks kim

Number 12 would have to be the new premier spin, I'm surprised you haven't scored yourself one yet.

Oh dear ... that's like a red flag to a bull! :074:

Nice work Slink. Even more justification for me to purchase more tackle :biggrin2:

Cheers

Skip

Sorry I’m pretty new to the larger reel family,

What rod would you match this reel too,

Would this reel be suitable for throwing plastics and live baiting for Sydney kings,

What type of fishing would be suitable for this reel?

I have a stx20, and dammm, it’s a crazy reel for the price.

thanks kim

G'day Kim,

The 60 would be suitable but a little bit of an overkill for Sydney Harbour kings... I'd get the 40. Loaded with 30lb braid so you have some stopping power, it would be an absolute weapon. (The only reason I don't also have a 40 is that I currently have a Sustain and a Fireblood in that size).

For me, the 60 is going to be a heavy plastics reel off Townsville (and those with memories will know that not so long ago I got a Daiwa Exceller Oceano 4500 for that... oh well, upgrading never hurt anyone)

The 70 is coming with me offshore from the Tweed... (along with my recently arrived ABU 10000C) :biggrin2:

Cheers, Slinky

Oh dear ... that's like a red flag to a bull! :074:

Nice work Slink. Even more justification for me to purchase more tackle :biggrin2:

Cheers

Skip

My wallet is dry at the moment so seeing as I can't con myself into buying one I have to give it a shot with someone else, but I understand if sllinky is not willing to throw his hat over the wall.... laid the bait just hopefully he will bite hehehe

For me, the 60 is going to be a heavy plastics reel off Townsville (and those with memories will know that not so long ago I got a Daiwa Exceller Oceano 4500 for that... oh well, upgrading never hurt anyone)

Cheers, Slinky

Hey Slinky, just out of curiosity how would you rate the 4500 Oceano for pe 2-4 fishing, whether heavy plastics or bait? Compared with the STX60 anyway.

Cheers

Marty

Hey Slinky, just out of curiosity how would you rate the 4500 Oceano for pe 2-4 fishing, whether heavy plastics or bait? Compared with the STX60 anyway.

Cheers

Marty

The Oceano is a good reel... tough, simple, pretty basic. It'll handle 30lb braid no problems. But I just bought an STX60 to replace it though... speaks for itself.

The Abu is several classes above the Oceano... probably in a different school, actually. It's only personal opinion but I still believe that to get a reel from Daiwa or Shimano as good as an STX you need to spend at least double the money.

Cheers, Slinky