Info On Port Phillip Bay And Corio Bay Melbourne

Yarraone

Hi all I am going to melbourne at xmas and thinking of takeing the boat with us.. We will be near Geelong, So Corio Bay might be the first stop..

I would like any info on spots in the Bay, bait tides and times? Pretty much any help at all as I have never fished down there before.. :1fishing1:

Other than that I wish all fishraiders a very SAFE xmas season and hope we all are lucku enough to wet a line over xmas and catch some great fish :thumbup:

Do we have any members in Melbourne???

Hi Mate,

I was from Melbourne and regurarly speak to some fishos down there.

Not too sure about Corio but there are good squid spots at Mornington and Seaford.

Good snapper taken off Seaford in the last few weeks.

Heaps of squid and rat kings bay side of the heads.

Monster Victorian flattys up to 55cm pretty much anywhere in the bay. :074::074::074:

There are gummy sharks and whalers taken at Phillip island year round.

If I were you I'd take a look at a Victorian fishing site to get the down low on the fishing there.

Good Luck.

Pete

go to google, type in wasabi tv + fishing trip, go to the link. Watch all the episodes you want about melbourne.

also on wasabi tv go to get hooked by duuuuuuhhhhh and get all the other eps there

Go to google, type in youfish tv and watch all the episodes about snapper and jewfish.

Finally go to Google, type in adventure bound and search the episodes in port Philip bay then buy the corresponding episodes about squid etc in the bay (these are the best but u gotta pay :( ).

Theres a good 10-15 hours of footage just on the bay you mentioned. They talk about rigs, spots everything etc

go to google, type in wasabi tv + fishing trip, go to the link. Watch all the episodes you want about melbourne.

also on wasabi tv go to get hooked by duuuuuuhhhhh and get all the other eps there

Go to google, type in youfish tv and watch all the episodes about snapper and jewfish.

Finally go to Google, type in adventure bound and search the episodes in port Philip bay then buy the corresponding episodes about squid etc in the bay (these are the best but u gotta pay :( ).

Theres a good 10-15 hours of footage just on the bay you mentioned. They talk about rigs, spots everything etc

If you can, get to Westernport. I fish there every weekend and haven't been out in the last month without bagging on Snapper, my PB though for now is only 7kg but that's going to change this weekend. A horrible bycatch when fishing for the reds regular gummies, you'll get at least one on nearly every trip, and Westernport suffers from plenty of gummies even up to 30kg.

Westernport is the go. I fish whenever I can, regardless of the weather if you don't mind getting wet. You've got shelter in any wind no matter the direction, just pick which lee side of French Island or Phillip Island you like, and there are ramps everywhere.

Looking forward to the warmer waters coming down bringing me some of your Mako's in a month or so. If you do consider heading this way (rather than PPB or Corio) please feel free to PM me and I'll send you my number for some more detail.

Dan

Last friday took some of my melbounre clients out on a charter with one of the guys that was regularly featured on with Jason Keneddy....we headed out from the ramp near Bon Beach (Carrum I thinks it was called) to Port Phillip and headed in the direction of Mornington. We bagged out on snapper in about 2.5 hours...will report when the pics come through...

So deffinately take the sanpper sticks....but don't be afraid to take the 4000 reels and chuck some plasticsat em too...