Swansea/lake Maqurie

flattyslayer

hi all,

i am planning on doing a fishing weekend up around lake maqaurie and was looking for any advise i can seek,

ive fished up there a few times around channel, drop and out off pulbah. not having much luck

anyone know whats biting up there these days? have spent hours up there trying for the elusive kings and jewies that suposabaly frequent the lake to no evale,

also where up there is good for poddies,yakkas or even just to pump a few nippers.

and help will be greatly appresiated and will post report on any succsess,

thanks in advance

flattyslayer

hi all,

i am planning on doing a fishing weekend up around lake maqaurie and was looking for any advise i can seek,

ive fished up there a few times around channel, drop and out off pulbah. not having much luck

anyone know whats biting up there these days? have spent hours up there trying for the elusive kings and jewies that suposabaly frequent the lake to no evale,

also where up there is good for poddies,yakkas or even just to pump a few nippers.

and help will be greatly appresiated and will post report on any succsess,

thanks in advance

flattyslayer

For poddies, try in the creek on the right when heading downstream on the ocean side of the bridge. Just pull up on the bank behind the trawlers and set your trap. You should have plenty in 5 or 10 mins. I generally just drift the channel for lizards.

Cheers,

Baz

Edited by Berleyguts

kingys are at the swansea bridge as mentioned heres a couple videos

thanks everyone for the quick replys, after watching that video i think i may be investing in a downrigger =)

is the best spot the get squid still up near murrys beach or are there some better spots to give a try?

Guest Aussie007

That first video is not Swansea Bridge.

Second video is definitely Swansea.

Anyone know location of first one??

i havent been up there in a while but i think the buildings in the back ground are the shops across from the GFC if that is still there

thanks everyone for the quick replys, after watching that video i think i may be investing in a downrigger =)

is the best spot the get squid still up near murrys beach or are there some better spots to give a try?

downrigger is the way to go when catching kingys do a google search and read up about how to use them just remember one thing always downrigg with the current