Cliff Blackfishing

GCC

Hi all

I found a few good sots for fishing for blackfish off cliffs - comfortable and safe fishing in any sea. Trouble is, how to get the fish up? I've been using 9lb line straight through (normally use 6lb trace, but not needed these spots). Anyway, my question is, does anyone fish for blackfish off cliffs and if so, how do you get the fish up? Gaffs? Nets? It's an odd arrangement as you normally need light light to hook them, but heavy line to lift them!

Cheers

Glenn

Hi all

I found a few good sots for fishing for blackfish off cliffs - comfortable and safe fishing in any sea. Trouble is, how to get the fish up? I've been using 9lb line straight through (normally use 6lb trace, but not needed these spots). Anyway, my question is, does anyone fish for blackfish off cliffs and if so, how do you get the fish up? Gaffs? Nets? It's an odd arrangement as you normally need light light to hook them, but heavy line to lift them!

Cheers

Glenn

Go 10-12lb leader and just winch them straight up mate. U might lose a couple but u'll be right!

Musty

do these area have low aea where you could possibly wash the fish onto the rocks with the help of the swell?? if so use that during the calmer days, other than that go for slightly heavier line... that's about all you can do really unless you want to invest in a seriosuly long handled net... but that would more than likely get in your way more than anything.