Big Cod.. Chifley Dam Bathurst

Yarraone

This fish was taken and released at Ben Chifley Dam early 2010.. The local council is stocking the dam with cod, and has been for a few years now..I have never hooked one out there but, thought you might like to see this one.. :thumbup:

The Cod are very rare out at the dam, and you hear all the stories... But . this was a beauty. It wieghed in the 54lb mark, and was caught up the back of the dam :1yikes:

post-6381-026003500 1291107177_thumb.jpg

What a magnificent fish. :1yikes: Impoundment fish generally exhibit faster growth rates that their wild river relatives, so hopefully the stocked cod will be bountiful for you blokes in years to come. :thumbup: Any idea on how it was captured mate?

Cheers

Hodgey

Great fish.

My mum grew up on the banks of the Murrumbidgee in the 50's. My uncle became very proficent at targeting the larger ones (100lb fish) with live rabbits as bait. They would give the fillets away and then use the heads to make terrine. It was supposed to be delish. One day i would love to try but i have to catch the fish first.

What a magnificent fish. :1yikes: Impoundment fish generally exhibit faster growth rates that their wild river relatives, so hopefully the stocked cod will be bountiful for you blokes in years to come. :thumbup: Any idea on how it was captured mate?

Cheers

Hodgey

It was caught on fresh live Bardi Gtubs