Surface Popers

MOE^MOE

lol swore you were my mate for a second, he gave me a popper and he had his own, and we were trying, for about half an hour for whitings to get it, i swear they just kept following and no bites cept for one. my guess just keep making as many splashes on the water with the popper untill one is game enough to hit it

I'm a huge fan of Lucky Craft NW pencils for whiting....with a walk the dog technique. They cast a mile so you can cover plenty of ground....the water is still a touch too cold so this time of year you seem to get heaps of follows and the occassionsal hook up. Jan/Feb/March I've found to be whiting water around sydney fon surface. But if you find a really warm day and get up in the shallows you are a big chance.

Plus make sure with your retrieve you don't stop all the way back to the boat/shore. If you pause they won't strike unlike like bream who usually always strike on the pause.

Have a look in the lure and fly chat for a recent topic covering lure types that might be of help too.

good luck...