Stingray From Botany Bay

Ojay Samson

Question

hey all, i need some help again identifying what this is and whether or not its edible...the last fish identified here turned out to be a fat red gunard & i released it not knowing what it was... turning out to be an excellent eating fish apparently :05:

anyways, i caught this 2day in the bay ...im guessing its a sting ray of some sorts..but not exactly sure what type, and also if its edible or not.

any help is appreciated :D

post-13877-079882100 1291359621_thumb.jpg

6 answers to this question

personaly i ahte seeing people keep fish not knowing if they are or not eatable however i belive all rays are safe and think you must of thought the same

anyways i have heard all diffrent things about rays but never had them myself

one of the more baziar ones was from a bloke i was in the army with who told me when he was a kid they would catch stingrays and useing a hole saw of some sort would cut circles out of the wings and then go around and sell them to the restrunts as cleaned scollops :thumbup:

let us know who you get on and what it eats like if you could

There are a lot better fish to eat in the ocean IMHO and the rays should be released if possible as they are the cleaners of the bottom and hoover -up all the rubbish to keep the bottom clean.

Regards Admin.

Topic closed.