New Rod

Little Hooker

Hey raiders,

My misses jus graduated from uni after a long 3yrs and she wanted a rod as a present :thumbup: which i couldnt turn down as im such a nice bf. So after hrs and days of searching around for what she wanted we ended up with a Daiwa tournament master-z interline spin rod for her. Its our first interline rod and really not sure what to expect from this show pony of a rod, the Tournament Master-Z Interline

Im lettin my exist reel go to a new rod/home as she always hogs this reel when we are fishing :-rolleyes. Now the problem i have it i need new line as im using 15lb braid atm where this rod is rated at 6-12lb and i can feel the knot gettin stuck at the tip.

Ive brought braid online b4 but all the shops ive brought from have either shut down or dont have much stock. Can you guys PM me your online stores/details where i can have a look for new braid. Whats good on the market for 10lb braid these days?? Ive always used powerpro,tuff and fins but i like Fins out of them 3 as it feels much softer.

Cant wait to put this rod thought its paces...squiding and surface fishing will be its main use!

TIA

Edited by Little Hooker

Are you using the recomended knot ?

if not see link on the site

what leader are you running?i think max 15-20lb

I haven't tied the knot that has been recommended will do tomorrow when i have a play with it. My current leader is 12lb with a double uni knot. That could be the problem why but I'm still goin to down grade to 10lb as my spool doesn't hold much of 15lb anyways.

The misses and i got a chance to test of the rod lastnight/morning which now has been blooded :thumbup: The rod pulled up 2 salmon and 1 bonnie with ez and felt great and pently of grunt.

Did do some squiding with out a hook up but the action in the tip felt much better then the guided rods. 2 things i could complain about is the hook keeper is at the bottom on the rod which its kinda pointless if you cant leave your jig on the rod and cant put them in the rod holders :1badmood: . The jointing knot affects the cast distance if the knot sat in the rod. I have to do more experimenting with lighter line but over all very impressed with the rod. Bring on the kings :1fishing1:

post-6068-059815300 1291711750_thumb.jpg

post-6068-044278200 1291711768_thumb.jpg

post-6068-032421500 1291711829_thumb.jpg

agree with sidfisher, sufix 832 does the job well. Ive currently spooled my certate 2010 2506 with 6lb and havent had any wind knot issues and doesnt take that much water (might be the gore thats its stranded with.

But i think any 8 strand braid would do a good job. For that line class, id prol go 8-10lb but 15lb will do the job

BTW i love the TZ, maybe i shoulda spent the extra coin and got the guided version instead of the luvias

cheers

Mark

Up in brissy atm which I like to look around some tackle stores and I ended up buyin sunline super p.e in 10lb which was the cheapest out of top range. $35 was to hard to turn Down compare to fins ,Pp and tuff costin much :o. Why so cheap for japanese braid Im not sure but I must try it to find out. I will definetly try Sufix 832 next Time round as it felt very nice through my fingers. Also brought my first blades from impact tackle to try them out for the summer, they. Weren't so cheap :(