Lilli Pilli

Yowie

Drifted the Lilli Pilli flats yesterday with nippers. Quite a few bream about, but most were under size. Kept 6, most not a lot over the legal size, the biggest was 34cm. Also 2 legal whiting to 32cm, however, threw back plenty just under size. A fast drift with the big run up tide. Pumped the nippers at Mainbar, and was attacked by hundreds of sand flies in the early morning. The warmer weather certainly brings them around.

Yowie.

hey yowie, good work mate... is the water still murky? A mate of mine was fishing over the weekend landbased and was hooking up on bonito around lilli pilli. I guess they have moved on. Whats the water temp these days. Havent been on the water for a long while...

nice catch iwas out sunday nite on the boat caught squid and monday arvo went lanbase and got bream whiting and a bass there is aheap of fresh water in the system but the fish are still biteing i lost acouple of monster bream just snapping me of on 4ib 6 ib leader i burlyd up 4 them and was usin bonito fillets and prawns smelly and oily baits are the go with the murky water

Edited by SQUIDIN

The deeper water up from Lilli Pilli still had colour in it yesterday. Have caught bonito several times before in the deep water after heavy rain colours the water. Don't know the water temp. but is slightly warmer than the beach.

Drifted the same area 2 weeks ago, early morning on the full moon. Not a bream to be seen that day, but picked up 6 whiting to 39cm in shallow water. Have heard that bream spawn on the full moon, some of the smaller bream from yesterday were full of roe.

Nice work getting into some fish. I Fished the Hacking last weekend and the watertemp was around 23 up at Gymea bay but only around 18 at the mouth. Pleanty of squid around and some stonker Bream but very quite on the Jew's which is what i was chasing.

R