Stingray In Porthacking

rodd33

Question

Hi all i know this is not the corect page 2 be telling my story, but had 2 comment on the stingray story. About 2 years ago was fishing off lilli pilli in knee hi water, throwing some poppers around 4 some whiting which were all over the place, had a friend and her kids with me that were just playing around in the water about 20 feet away next 2 the boat, kids aged between 2and 6, i took 1 step and next thingi new it was like some one hit me in the ankle with a hammer,the pain was instant, think i was in shock at first, thinking wtf was that, i pulled my foot out of the water 2 find a hole just under my ankle with all this fatty tissue hanging out, from the rays barb that had hit me and pulled all the tissue back out, my friend couldtell some thing was wrong, but at that time i had no idea what the hell it was , having never been stung by a stingray b4, we got the kids back in the boat and headed back 2 the boat ramp at cronulla tonkin rd ramp, i got 2 tellya the pain from the stingray venom was pain ive never felt b4,, on the way back 2 the ramp i rang a mate 2 meet me there cause i knew i wouldnt be able 2 get the boat back on the trailer, all i wanted was something 2ease thepain, ud think it would go away after a while like when u get hit in the shins or something like that, but no, it just got worse, ive got this 5year old asking me all these questions on the way back 2 the ramp,why rod, why whyw why, i could hardly talk the pain was so bad ,i hate 2 think what it would of been like if 1 of the kids gotstung, i tell ya if i had of got hit in the chest like steve erwin i would of had a heart attack, any way mate turned up with his mrs, mrs took me 2 the hospital, cure 4 stingray STING hot water as hot as u can handle, takes the pain away almost instantly, mate never backed a trailor b4 lol, had fun gettinmy boat out 4 me, lol....ever since then i freek at every thing that touches my leg whenim pumpin nippers in shallow water, BE AWARE OF RAYS IN SHALLOW WATER ALSO at the hospital they didnt stich the wound incase it got infected, lol, a week later i got celulosis in my leg which is a blood infection.

Edited by rodd33

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet