My Old Tinnie

Hooky.

What did it cost to get the tank made?

Hooky, sorry to bother you again mate --- a couple more things

water out? what do you do? i notice you have another pipe running out i assume thats the overflow.. do you just bucket the water out later? wondering if its possible too sit the tank a little higher of the floor and have a drain in the bottom.. hmmm just finished my boat and now i want to do as you have-- LOOKS GREAT

also powder coating, What price?

A very smart looking job .. i injoyed putting all the floors etc in my boat was getting bored now that it in finished.. this looks like it could give me a little something more to do... :wacko:

Cheers Evan,

48191[/snapback]

G'day EVAN

No problems to ask questions.

I did the same thing when I was making and installing the tank. :biggrin2:

The cost of the tank plus powder coating was around $140.

The pipe running out is the overflow.

There is a hole in the bottom of the tank with a screw in boat bung to act as a plug. At the end of the day when I pull the boat out of the water I unscrew the bung and the water just empties into the boat then out the back boat bung and out of the boat.

post-9-1116486361_thumb.jpg

I didn't bother with a pump to pump water out as it was just as easy to just empty it at the end of the outing.

In saying that there would be no reason why a pump couldn't be installed.

cheers

Hooky

Guest Jocool
Cheers mate, one more question--- where did you get it done? 140 seems ok---

48348[/snapback]

I would like to know too!!!! $140 is heaps good! :1yikes: I had mine quoted at arond the $350 mark. Granted it may have been a bit bigger, but none the less not that much difference!

G'day fella's

$140 was a good price but I only think I got it this cheap because he took 4 weeks to make it and I was a very patient man. :05:

I think you would find that a fair dinkum price would be closer to $200.

It was made by a bloke at Chipping Norton (S/W Sydney) and I can't for the life of me remember the business name at the moment. Just a small place but darn busy.

cheers

Hooky

Joe, it certainly pays to get a few quotes and do the homework. It's surprising just how much a simple aluminium tank like this actually costs even though to look at, it's not much work.

BTW, EVAN, that's a neat little setup you have there on your tinnie. :thumbup:

It's amazing what one can achieve to make life a bit more comfy in just a basic tinnie. :biggrin2:

cheers

Hooky

• 4 months later...

Hey Hooky the boat looks great mate i was wondering how much extra weight the casting decks have added me and the :ranting2: are going around Aus and i want to put a tiiny on the roof and casting decks would be great its just a little hard with only me and the :ranting2: getting the thing on the roof just a guesstimate would be great cheers mate :thumbup:

That looks awsome Hooky

My wife just came up with a screamer comment when she saw it:

PIMP MY BOAT

You have given me inspiration. I was looking at getting a simple boat then fitting it out myself.

Well done mate that looks great.

Cheers

TRev

G'day fella's and thanks for the pats on the back. :biggrin2:

Sharky, I'm not sure what sort of weight it has added to the boat but it is a fair bit heavier than what it was and i have probably lost a couple of knots worth of speed but that doesn't really concern me. The boat was quite heavy to start with as most of it is 3mm ally and in some place 4mm. If you are looking to put some decking in your tinnie and still throw the boat on the roof of your car have a look around the forums and see what other alternatives there are in decking materials. You could even make something up which is able to be taken out of the boat and folds up with the aid of some hinges or something. Good luck with your trip around Oz......I'm jealous. :(:biggrin2:

Trev, if only my tinnie was "pimped" like the cars on that show. :1yikes::yahoo:

Good luck to you if you deck out a simple tinnie. It's not a hard job and it keeps a person occupied and entertained not to mention the reward of knowing that you built it yourself.

Just remember, "measure twice and cut once". :biggrin2:

BTW, I have finished the front deck completely now so I will throw some pics up when I get a chance. It has decking from front to back now. :thumbup:

cheers

Hooky

Edited by Hooky.