Woe Is Me, O Rock Fisherman

bennoz

hi all

The weather was awesome today, so i finished work a little early (dont tell the boss), and headed down to balls head to drop a line in.

Nothing much was going on so i started berlying. The plan was to catch some yakkas and stay till the evening, and maybe something bigger. Soon i noticed some birds under the harbour bridge and within half an hour i could see 3 seperate schools of what turned out to be bonnies, getting closer !!! So i keep up the berly and 10 min later one school was right on me ;) I pulled up 5 bonnies before the school moved further out.... and thats where it stayed for 20 min! It must have been about 30 meters just out of my casting range :ranting2: Nothing could bring them closer.

meanwhile 2 boats were about, not catching anything, so i managed to signal one over to a school. They were pulling up some decent bonies as i could only watch on as my school stayed just out of distance. The guy came back around to thank me later and thats when i called it an evening. I ran out of burly and patience.

still was great fun, and a top location - and i even kept a bonnie for dinner. The excitement of attracting a school and then getting smashed cast after cast was wicked... just need a boat now :thumbup:

thats exactly what i did - was a great dinner !

yeah i know it was a good session considering... but damn ive never been so frustrated - to see the fish so close and yet so far. happens all the time i guess