Zion Rods

samboy

Gday,

Just watching a fishing show called xxxxxxxxxx and the 'tackle talk' section of the DVD talks about Zion rods being a very versatile rod, im keen to have a look at them anyone used one or even heard of them?

Cheers

Sam

I have a zion rod im not sure if its the one your talkin about but if it is, its a great rod. Use it from squiding, surface fish to jus normal bait fishing. WHen i brought it a few yrs ago our mate jack (wacko) who sold it ot me said it was a korean made blank with the sic guides etc. I never leave home with out this rod. :thumbup:

I bought one of the heavier spin rods (SZ 701 SH). Intention was medium large SP's for lizards, estury jew and snapper. This brand is owned by Freddy's Fishing World and manufactured for them. They actively promote them above other well known brands such as T-Curve, probably because they make more margin on them. Unfortunately they dont tell you any of this when you are buying. However saying that they are reasonable quality and very attractively priced (mine was $230).

I had a great session on 2 - 3kg flatties last week and it held up well on a ?kg cobia from QLD last month.

I compared the action of this rod to several other brands and found the tip action and curve under load to my liking.

I can see this rod playing a central role in my future captures and would happily recommend it.

Totally agree with Scienceman, I was talked out of buying a team Daiwa advantage Rod for the 4 - 8 pound model. It is matched to team daiwa advantage 2500 reel and I have given it plenty of grief. It is my weapon of choice for salmon providing many a laugh for my boat mates when it is totally loaded up. No Problems Yet

Nath