Silstar Pc - 601 Spl Rod

a.miller

Hi guys,

I have been around to a few tackle shops looking for a new rod for flicking sp's and hb's at bream and lizards.

4 out of 5 have suggested the above rod. Its got a fast taper and is light action rated 2-4kg's. Bluewater tackle at strathfield have it for $150, otto's for $120 and campbells in wa for $56 plus postage. My father is heading over to perth for a few days in about a month, so i would still need a rod tube, but would save on freight.

So have any of you guys had any experience with campbells for rods, i searched and people have purchased reels, nets and boots from them.

It just sounds too cheap.

What about flying the rod home, is it likely it could go missing??

Aaron

My mate just bought a few rods and reels from campbell's.

The Reels were sent via Australia post and the rods couried over in a PVC tube.

Arrived a few days before the ETA they gave out. :1clap:

Hope that helps.

G'day Mate,

I don't think that the 601 you are after and the 601 that Campbells have is the sma ething. You'd better check , I may be wrong but that doesn't sound right, sounds more like one of the cheaper powertips.

Matt

G'day Mate,

I don't think that the 601 you are after and the 601 that Campbells have is the sma ething. You'd better check , I may be wrong but that doesn't sound right, sounds more like one of the cheaper powertips.

Matt

47772[/snapback]

G'day Again,,

I just checked, are you sure the rod you want isn't a hg-661spl ? these go for around 120 bucks and are a fast taper graphite job for "bream style" luring. Sorry if I'm talking out my ****, but just sounded a bit suss.

Matt

Thanks guys,

okay you guys got me thinking,

the model available at campbells is the pc-601spl, i found the silstar distributors website, www.freehand.com.au and it seems that model is known as the crystal powertip series.

There is also the crystal blue powertip, the powertrip series and finally the diamond powertrip series?? I have no idea which series I was quoted on so will have to check it out. However it seems legit?? I wonder if the crystal powertip is obselete perhaps??

Aaron

Thanks guys,

okay you guys got me thinking,

the model available at campbells is the pc-601spl, i found the silstar distributors website, www.freehand.com.au and it seems that model is known as the crystal powertip series.

There is also the crystal blue powertip, the powertrip series and finally the diamond powertrip series?? I have no idea which series I was quoted on so will have to check it out. However it seems legit?? I wonder if the crystal powertip is obselete perhaps??

Aaron

47844[/snapback]

No, they aren't obsolete, they are just a much different rod, and not really appropriate (IMHO) for flathead, bream spinning. As I said , I think you are after the highgraph series Silstars.

If you are after something really cheap then you probably should look at the Berkeley drop shot rods , I haven't seen them but plenty of others around here have and they are around the 90 bucks mark. Other options are the Shimano Stella or the Shimano squidy spin, these are all around the 100-120 dollar mark.

Matt

Guest Jocool

the PC 601 is the Crystal Power Tip. The PC prefix tells you what it is. I have one of these rods in a 6"6 length. Good little rod, but rather whippy for my liking.