Looking To Land My First Kingfish!

tunpa

hi, i'm new to this site, i am 15 and want to try and land my first kingfish of anysize in sydney harbour, i am willing to pay for petrol cost and i can meet you anywhere if theres a station nearby. i have my own gear but i dont know if its enough to tackle a kingfish, its a 8-10 kg shimano ironfist with a 6500b shimano baitrunner with 30pound line

Edited by pier2fisher

Hi p2f. I'm in pretty much the same position as far as wanting to catch a first kingfish. My son and I went out on middle harbour in kayaks on Sat 18th, and caught diddlysquat, not even bonito.

We're thinking of trying landbased in January, once the christmas merry-go-round is over. If you haven't had any more exciting/promising offers from gun kingie experts by the new year, you'd be welcome to join us and share the learning experience :)

We drive in from the mountains, so depending on where you are based and where we end up fishing, we might be able to pick you up en route.

One important point though: as you are 15, your mum or dad would have to know what your plans are and would have to give me a call to confirm they are okay with you going, and more to the point, that they are ok with US taking you. (That, obviously, should apply to any trips you plan to go on with folk from this or any other forum.)

Meanwhile, I'm going to keep watching the reports to piece together some useful info on the best landbased kingfish locations. From the sound of your equipment, it sounds pretty much the goods for kingfish without being overkill. Luke and I would be fishing a fair bit lighter than that - probably too light, but we're more interested in the buzz than showing the fish who's boss :)

If you are interested, let me know here, or by message. I'll then shoot you my phone number so you - AND your parent/guardian - can suss us out.

cheers, and good luck with the kingies :)

ganymede, i would love to go fishing with you, i live with my sister which is my gaurdian right now, because my mum is on holidays.

lol budsta, you can tell that i fish at pier 2 by my name, lol yes kings are caught here but it is VERY difficult to find a decent spot to fish due to the crowded people, only way to catch a king is to camp out at a good spot from 11pm and wait for the kings at 6- 9am