Darling Harbour

locodave

Hi guys,

Is it ok to take your boat into darling harbour? Is it ok to pick up and drop off passengers in one of those wharves they have?

I'd say so mate, been in there a million times with my boat, just don't pull up at the taxi wharf, I think thats private. Maybe some of the bream fishing guys can help, I see them having their weigh ins there.

Cheers

Tobe

Yeah go into darling harbour thats fine, but dont use King St wharves as you need a booking, if you dont have a booking the NSW Maritime will fine you. Its a mad house in there this time of the year

what about the pyrmont bay wharf? do you need a booking to use that?

which wharfs around darling harbour and pyrmont are puublic access wharfs?

what about the pyrmont bay wharf? do you need a booking to use that?

which wharfs around darling harbour and pyrmont are puublic access wharfs?

Yes i think pyrmont is fine no booking needed. Go into Darling Harbour under the bridge and on you port side there is a floating marina that is for public use and if your only staying for a little while the bloke usually kets stop there for free( thats what i have found) otherwise any of the other wharves are fine as long as it not a ferry or jetboat wharf. Anther thing none of the wharves inSydney Harbour are designed for pleasure boats they are designed for ferrys and big steel boats with large rubbing strakes. So have your fenders set up correctly and personally i would not leave my GRP boat unattend/or alongside for to long because of the high chance of damage due to the boat wash that is created in the harbour and the wharf design.