Shimano Tyrnos

Tim

Hey guys

I saw an ad for these in a mag, and I wanted to see how much they're worth. They're not on campbellsprotackle.com, or even shimanofish.com.au.

Aren't they available here yet? Anybody know anything about them? It's an australian magazine that I saw them in... Are they just teasing us before they become available?

Cheers

Tim

Guest Jocool

I have seen the add too. Apparently they are going into direct competiton against the likes of the Okuma Titus range. They are a step above the TLD, yet not as high as the Tiagra. I would say it would take a few weeks for them to filter down to all the retailers.

Perhaps Mich at ABA can fill us in....MICK!!!!!

i've been eyeing them off also - i'd be intertested to see what market they fit into.

would have thought they'd bring out a tougher TLD to handle braided lines but bottom dropping in 100+ fathoms would be annoying with that gearing and i can't see them replacing the TLD 2 speeds for gamefishing.

haven't quite figured out why a solidly built trolling reel would have a such a high gear ratio.

Guest Target

Just did a search for the tyrnos reels and came up with some intersting results

It looks like shimano have released a whole new range of overheads.

Tyrnos 20 and 30 size, 5:1 gear ratios, lever drag diecast aluminium frames US $250

Torsa 16 to 30 size 5.8:1 gear ratios, lever drag WITH casting control (centrifugal brakes) AND fast swapable drag cams to fish different line classes on the same reel... looks like direct competition to the AVET reels. US $670 to $700

comparison price, TLD 20 on the same site us $170, Tiagra 30 2 speed us $440

Interesting stuff......

NAH, my TLD's and sooped up penn 500 will do me for now.

Adrian

haven't quite figured out why a solidly built trolling reel would have a such a high gear ratio.

actually with that solid build and high gear ratio, they'd probably make decent 8 and 10kg game reels