Botany Bay Land Hotspots

indir-emir

hello everyone ,

me and my brother indir have been fishing for a few days now at picnic point but noticed that there wasnt big enough fish and we desided to find a new spot and we look around for places ,, bays,, rivers but not open ocean .

so we looked around and seen that botany bay looks like its having a lot of fish :) but we dont mind the one hour drive we dont wanna go to botany bay and fish at a spot with little or no fish .. so we were woundering if any raider can give us some pointers in fishing at the bay

how to rid up

if their any hot spots in the bay ?

thanks all raiders for you time

and infomattion :)

thanks heaps,

me :emir

brother :indir

Hi Champ. its called fishing, unless you really what your doing it can be hard But hey, How else you gonna learn.

Try molinex point, 2cnd and third runway. the stick, groins, hot water outlet, the drums and thats only the tip of the iceberg in Botany bay.

Use bearly light gear, ie small split shots or no sinkers, 6 pound lines etc, That should be a good start for you.

Good luck

Hi Champ. its called fishing, unless you really what your doing it can be hard But hey, How else you gonna learn.

Try molinex point, 2cnd and third runway. the stick, groins, hot water outlet, the drums and thats only the tip of the iceberg in Botany bay.

Use bearly light gear, ie small split shots or no sinkers, 6 pound lines etc, That should be a good start for you.

Good luck

thanks for all the help and tips mate but picnic ..reallydoesnt hav big fish that get pulled in that often can theirs about 5-10 pleiople fishing everyday and still nothing that often

As you're landbased, I would second molinex point, especially with all the reports concerning the surface action currently there at the moment. Head to the very end, park the car near the fenced off area, and climb down near the water. It's a bit dangerous though if you lose your balance. It's a great spot for catching livies at night or early in the morning; catch these and then put them out as live bait for your bonito and maybe a kingfish.

But with Botany Bay, you're going to need some local knowledge, so maybe spend a few hours looking back through the reports on this website.

Cheers

Glenn

it's great to see people help other fish lovers

Personally I don't know much as I am a beginner and an amateur in fishing

But from what I read a lot of people are talking about nice jewies in the river so keep on trying :biggrin2:

some said next to Fitzpatrick park so check it out

I know I will as soon as I can convince my mate to take out his boat for a jew fish hunting

We both amateurs but hey it is never late to get into fishing. :thumbup:

Edited by seaman

there is a video called "A day on the Bay". it is like a cook's guide to botany bay showing all the famous places. he is in a boat though so its not exactly what you are after but you could see which spots are accessible from land. there are some ok spots near the mouth of cook's river if you like to catch bream whiting and flathead. just fish off the rocks either side of the opening. good luck.

Guest Aussie007

u can fish off of the wall at mol point in botany bay try using a float with a knot that u can wind onto your reel so u can try all depths untill u hook onto the kingys try 5 foot intervals i was catching them on the bottom a few days later they were near the top