Botany Bay 31St Dec

hornets

Well, it is the first time in along time that I didint do any good . We picked up yakkas with the kids ,great a dozen in no time . Then went for a quick troll for the regulars, Bonnies but none at the norm cape bank or even up to little bay . We were in shock as the last 6 trips had a dozen in an hour easy . Then DR around from little bay back into Mol point when there was a pack of boats following a school .I only saw one hook up . They looked like salmon . We persisted to try and sound anything . We came across a school of rats & they wouldnt have a bar of anything thrown at them. The followed bonito strips back to the boat so many times but not one hook up . Anyway I took the kids to LaParouse for fish & chips & had a snorkel in yarra bay which was fantastic . That wind!!!!. If its not the rain it the wind & looks like its here for a few more days . Lokks like bike riding tomorrow . Hornets

Well, it is the first time in along time that I didint do any good . We picked up yakkas with the kids ,great a dozen in no time . Then went for a quick troll for the regulars, Bonnies but none at the norm cape bank or even up to little bay . We were in shock as the last 6 trips had a dozen in an hour easy . Then DR around from little bay back into Mol point when there was a pack of boats following a school .I only saw one hook up . They looked like salmon . We persisted to try and sound anything . We came across a school of rats & they wouldnt have a bar of anything thrown at them. The followed bonito strips back to the boat so many times but not one hook up . Anyway I took the kids to LaParouse for fish & chips & had a snorkel in yarra bay which was fantastic . That wind!!!!. If its not the rain it the wind & looks like its here for a few more days . Lokks like bike riding tomorrow . Hornets

Hey there Hornet

Bad luck on the fishing yesterday but at least it sounded like you had a good day out with the family.

I was also out on the Bay yesterday but did ok... we managed a few bonnies while trolling hardbody lures @ the drums and got a few more with larger 20gram metal slice as they did not like the smaller 10gram lures... something you just have to mix it up until you find something that works.

As for the kings... we fished Molli point and landed a few of them on fresh squid and large 7inch soft plastics lures. There were plenty of them around and saw many getting caught on prawns.. all rat size though.

All the best for your next trip!

Cheers

Trung

I also went fishing at the Bay yesterday. We had a pretty quite day. Got one 60cm king but could not entice anymore. We also caught a few undersize flathead and bream. Tried different places without any great success but will keep trying and see how I go.

We had a slow day on the bay too trying everything. We did a drift near lapa and hit two good flat heads and 3 good flounders in 40mins then nothing again. 40cm flounder was the biggest ive court to date.