Heaps of hits in the Cooks

I had the pleasure today of Grant ( Jewhunter ) and his great mate "Bear" onboard for a bit of plastic action on the Cooks River.

The day started off with Grant calling me on the way too the ramp and saying that "Bear had slept in " yeh right!!! :mad3: and they would be a bit late and as it turned out it didnt matter as when I arrived at the ramp the southerlie was howling.

Plenty of people were waiting to see how the weather was going to pan out before hitting the bay.

5.20 and off we go straight up river to where I have been getting a few jewies lately .We started off on the bream and the good ole wrigglers in bloodworm worked a treat again with plenty of hits and some reasonable bream coming aboard for a piccy and then release.Bear was doing really well and kicking our butt with a nice whiting thrown in as well.

The tide had nearly stopped and I got smoked again!! on 4lb braid by a jewie and then Bear got smoked as well :ranting2: so out came the heavy gear and my 4 inch flik bait got smashed and the bloody hooks didnt connect,on closer inspection there were really big pegged teeth marks well spread apart which could only have been a sizeable jewie.Oh well as thay say :05:

We ventured far up the Cooks today and continued to get fish at most spots.

I was casting to a likely spot and got a MASSIVE HIT......RIGHT IN THE SIDE OF THE HEAD BY BEAR'S ROD,a little dazed and the obligatory sorrys,"no worries mate " I replied and not 30 minutes passes and I get a similar hit right in the same spot IN THE BLOODY SIDE OF THE HEAD AGAIN !!!!! WTF another sorry and then a few threatening words like "how would you like to swim back!!! "

It was a fantastic day out with my good mate Grant and Bear and the sledging didnt stop there as everytime Grant threw at a spot,Bear would cast over his line $&*#% :074: Grant does have a very large and colourful vocabulary.

post-256-008369700 1293940701_thumb.jpg

post-256-099802100 1293940708_thumb.jpg

post-256-004900400 1293940722_thumb.jpg

post-256-065341500 1293940733_thumb.jpg

post-256-061903300 1293940743_thumb.jpg

post-256-037867500 1293940751_thumb.jpg

post-256-022247500 1293940763_thumb.jpg

post-256-003676600 1293940883_thumb.jpg

post-256-085508400 1293940818_thumb.jpg

post-256-078043800 1293940807_thumb.jpg

Cheers Swordie

Hahahahaha!!

Thanks for a great day Stewy. It's been way too long between fishes for us. :ranting2:

I've got a sore face from laughing so much. Not quite as sore as your head though. :074:

Some nice fish caught, a few missed @ fun had by all.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!

Cheers,

Grant.

Hahahahaha!!

Thanks for a great day Stewy. It's been way too long between fishes for us. :ranting2:

I've got a sore face from laughing so much. Not quite as sore as your head though. :074:

Some nice fish caught, a few missed @ fun had by all.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!

Cheers,

Grant.

Well done guys - looks like a great day had by all.

Top report.

Happy new year.

tWIN 1

well done boys, bad luck on the jews stewy and the couple of slaps up the side of the head from grants rod! thats one way to stop you hogging the good spots! :074: grant was just trying to get a game of noughts and crosses going on your pants! :1yikes::074:

happy new year fellas

pete.

Edited by tide'n'knots

i had the great pleasure of meeting swordie at the ramp this morning but i wasnt game enough to tackle the bay with the southerly

howling out there.

some great pics there mate looks like u had a cracker day just unlucky with the jews.

how did the wind end up further up the river was it anywhere near as bad as it was at the ramp ?

cheers hamerz.

i had the great pleasure of meeting swordie at the ramp this morning but i wasnt game enough to tackle the bay with the southerly

howling out there.

some great pics there mate looks like u had a cracker day just unlucky with the jews.

how did the wind end up further up the river was it anywhere near as bad as it was at the ramp ?

cheers hamerz.

Yeh Hamerz it was really nice to meet you as well mate :thumbup: the wind was ok up the river but when we came back to Marsh street bridge it was howling even worse than earlier :thumbdown:

Cheers Stewy

well done boys, bad luck on the jews stewy and the couple of slaps up the side of the head from grants rod! thats one way to stop you hogging the good spots! :074: grant was just trying to get a game of noughts and crosses going on your pants! :1yikes::074:

happy new year fellas

pete.

Hey Pete,

Those shorts are my Shimano Boardies and quite trendy :blush:

Sounds like a great day on the water. I know that the only reason you were Bear's target is that Jewhunter got dropped on his head as a baby so doesn't need any more treatment. :biggrin2:

I love fishing but when it's combined with a whole lot of laughs and good mates, it's the sort of day you live for. Glad you had a good one to usher in the New Year boys :thumbup:

Cheers, Slinky

What a day on the water that would have been :biggrin2: Bream, bruises and banter ... sounds like you had a blast!

A great opportunity for Grant to 'dry out' after all the wet weather he has been experiencing back home. Great photos as always Stewy :thumbup:

Cheers

Skip

Thanks for the great day out Stewie. :1fishing1:

Now I do solemnly promise that in future I Will keep an eye out for stewies head ... bugger kept connecting with my rod!

By the way Grant was right I did sleep in ... a little. :05:

Awesome. Had a great time - thanks guys. :thumbup:

Bear out.

WOW! Others don't go out in fear of the weather & you guys go out & have a BALL!! Way to go!!!

Shame about the bustoffs - always the downside of using light line - the highlights of the day must have been the head taps by Bear!! :074: I've been known to do a couple of those myself! Just as well it wasn't on a cast or you'd have had some extra earrings!!

Some nice looking breambos there & very nice whiting! Well done - a fish filled day!

Cheerio

Roberta