botany bay sunday

rodd33

heyall , got up the smornin at 4am wind blowin a gail, messaged my mate 2 windy and called it off, drove down 2 sylvania holt rd ramp at 8.30 am and its like a lake so call mate back and we hit the bay at 9.30, head over 2 mol pt and of course when we get there bloody southerly hits, i knew it :ranting2: , any way theres plentyof tailor bustin te surface and we get a few of them on some little twistys, good fun, then the wind picks up even more,around 12pm we decide 2call it a day, white caps everywhere,cant c the fish any more, every little boil in the water looks like fish busten up....lol, start headin back in then we c a shit load of birds goin off there heads hittin the surface, got strait over there , mate throws a popper directly over them, i could c thefish come in be hind it in the swell of the chop, got on to a nice little 58cm king gave him a good fight on 10 pound gear,i was spewin had 2 keep the boat into the wind other wise it would just turn us around, well thats the first king landed on my boat, hopefully ill land my first 1 soon :beersmile: allfish were released, i got start remembering 2 take the camera.

At least you had a go & got out there . I had plans but looking at all of the wind reports I thought why bother. They look like crap for the next week . Great to be on holidays & every time I seem to be blessed with wind . I can put up with a bit but the kids go abit green outside. Good on you for getting out there!!!!

At least you had a go & got out there . I had plans but looking at all of the wind reports I thought why bother. They look like crap for the next week . Great to be on holidays & every time I seem to be blessed with wind . I can put up with a bit but the kids go abit green outside. Good on you for getting out there!!!!

yea mate looks like the wind is here till friday from the reports ive been lookin at :ranting2:

I also headed out 4 am this morning mate wanted to call off due to wind i said mate it would take more than that to put me off lol, all good caught one small kingie just off dolls point, then headed up when the wind dropped off toward the hot water outlet came across a lot of surface chop. Had fun with bonito, tailor and watched with frustration as more kingies were chasing out metals and the bonito we were pulling in. Ended up with 3 bonito 2 tailor then suddenly it didnt matter what we threw at them they would not take it so headed up to the red marker at moli point landed 1 40cm flathead and my mate ended up with one that was 2.6kg after it was gutted and cleaned.

Other then the wind was a good day, a lot of people on the water.

Cheers Stevepost-14622-090075200 1293968449_thumb.jpg

Sorry guys but that is Xmas. Because it happens on weekends as well . I think my scientific reason I have worked out that because there is less traffic on the roads in sydney ,it has something to do with either more cars equals less wind . Or the other theory is that all of our thoughts are of fishing & not enough thoughts on no wind . Anyway I think that we all need to get our wives to drive the kids around & leave us in the boat to fish & they can drive around until we get back . HYappy new year . :1fishing1:

I was at Molli point on sunday as well(7am-9am) got 4 Rats (50-60cms all went back in for me to catch next year!!! mind you i seen a few others go into boats and never come back out again...bastards!) and a Bonnie,funny I caught one kinghy on a paternoster with a pilly cube, seen the tailor school and followed it for an hour to no avail, threw lures, floated pillies, soft plastics, prawns, squid and poppers at them, they just werent taking them!!! i moved on over to the oil wharf, fished for about an hour, got nothing but the boat 30mtrs from us got 8 Rats in 30mins, out of the 15-20 boats around us only those guys and a 3.5mtr tinnie 5 mtrs from the back of my boat were getting anything ( the guys in the tinnie were using only prawns and nippers!!!) the buggers that got 8 in 30mins even had a triple hook up goin,,,, we were just watching and wondering.........