PB Snapper

ossielewis

Hi Raiders

Just a report on a fishing trip with my cousin the other day at sydney harbour, we always speak about fishing every chrissy time and finally got to go out with him and got a few good catches, day started with a troll around the headland and got a few bonnies as expected they have been everywhere lately, good fun though! then used a few for bait at a few reefs off shore and there was plenty of action! got a few good mowies a flatty and a few reef fish ! all day i had a occy jig drifting in one of my rod holders with not a bite on it all day! i had it tied to my 3-4 kg spinning outfit and didnt expect nothing to hit it! we laughed about this lure all day joking how i was ripped off at the fishing shop as it didnt look like getting a hit all day when suddenly my rod bent in half and my HD40 okuma reel started peeling line off! i couldnt believe my eyes and i started trying to get some line back! it was a tough task as i had rather light line on it and i didnt want to loose my lure or loose the fish! i was more curious to see what hit it!!!!My light rod was under severe pressure and i thought i may loose a rod also, i finaly got it to the surface and to my suprise it was a Prized 3-4 kg snapper im guessing!!! my cousin nearly fell in the drink trying to net it! what a day! and what a fantastic conclusion to a great day!!!!

post-16061-096975500 1293954993_thumb.jpg

Edited by Polar Bear

Hey Polar thats anawesome lookin red there buddy well done, now that will go great on BBQ tonite with a couple of :beersmile: :beersmile: :beersmile:

cheers john

Edited by johnv