Long Reef kings

Mgourlas

Happy new year all you keen fisho's

A friend of mine asked me to take him out for kings at long reef but I don't know the area all that well. Can anyone give me some advise on where to find bait/ live squid or yakkas and where would be the mossy productive area to target. Great boat all the latest gear but no idea lol. Your help would be appreciated

Hey mate ,

I went out there yesterday arvo in the wind and rain . We went to the bait grounds to get yakkas , ended up staying there and landed small snapper , big tailor ( they are thick at the moment ) , bonito , barracutta , and I managed to land 2 kings on my yakka hook , pretty surprised . The first one took a tiny bait and went hard , he came in at 60cm so back he went . He straightened the hook so I got the pliers and bent it back into shape thinking that it was a fluke and kept on fishing for livies.

Then next yakka was a small wriggle on the line and I was thinking that it will be a great live bait size as the yakkas were all huge . Half way up a king smashed it ! After about 10 mins and gentle drag I was thinking that there was no way that I will land this fish but he came in at 73cms .

Needless to say that he is in the pan now , becoming a beautiful curry ! MMm get out there , they are thick and hungry !!!!