botany bay monday

rodd33

hey all, got up again the smorning 2 more wind but i was keen as, after mymate got a that kingy yesterday, so we headed over 2 mol pt again and found the kingys on the surface again, 2nd cast with a halco popper [gold with the dark back and red eyes] YEA HAA finally on 2 my first king,now i know what all the fuss is all about, damn it went hard on my 14 pound gear,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz awsome fun, got it in the boat measured 57cm, can only imagine what a big 1 would go like ,like a bat out a hell, im sure, chased them 4 a couple more hours but no more takers, tried a few different poppers and other lures 4 no luck, oh well, just getting 1 was worth getting out there in the wind, fish was put back of course, if only it was 8cm longer, lol :beersmile: thats 3 trips in a row ive found them on the surface, chrissy day they were following the bonito up 2 the back of the boat, these ones were legal, threw some livies at them, but they were 2 smart, may have 2 go out again in the morning im on a kingy high now....lol :yahoo:

You are definetly King hooked . It is some of the best fun you can get when they are biting hard. Good on you for getting out there . I will be on wednesday as BOM is showing a glipse of hope , but no one else is ,saying the wind will still be there .

You are definetly King hooked . It is some of the best fun you can get when they are biting hard. Good on you for getting out there . I will be on wednesday as BOM is showing a glipse of hope , but no one else is ,saying the wind will still be there .

yea mate just hada look myself,looks like wednesday is the go untill the weekend, ill be out there, just look 4 a black and white half cab with mercury outboard, and a bloke with a beard, thats me :fisher: cya out there

Good work on your first Botany Bay King and i'm certain it will just be the first of many to come!

There seems to be plenty of rats out there atm... they are taking everything from peeled prawns to large sluggo stickbaits.

I have caught plenty on the bozo lures in the past 2 to 3 weeks and kinda have an addiction myself! Need to get a kingy fix shortly!

See you all on the water

Cheers

Trung

Edited by dhype

as dhype said, the pesky rats taking almost anything. ive been getting em on 2inch grubs right up 2 7inch jerk shads. they are awesome fun on light gear. in the last week ive caught about 15 kings and only 1 was legal. gotta be out there 2 get em though so fingers crossed wednesday pulls up ok weather wise.

cheers hamerz.

Edited by hamerz84

i was out monday anchored in my fav spot got 1 king 68cm on 3 kilo lost two others plus a couple of trevally wind was horrible they were taking peeled prawn on a 1/0 circle hook but was hard work due to wind very tiny bites went the sunday before got 5 kings on the same setup bigest was 73 cm two at 65cm 1 at 60 cm and a baby of 50 cm all went back to fight another day but great fun on 3 kilo