Beaten again by the educated bass

Can anyone give me some advice as to what I have to do so I can get some of those

elusive bass lurking at Tallowa Dam?

Date was 31.12.10

I tried throwing some surface cikada lures, some blades, and a few jackalls, but to no avail.

I only managed to catch one small fella bout 20cms or so (obviously released).

But then again, it's been a slow season for me this year everywhere, not just at Tallowa,

is it just me? Or is this problem affecting others?

And if anyone has any places they wouldn't mind sharing that's not too far away from Liverpool area,

I'm all ears.

I'm no freshwater guru, but if you went today the barometric pressure would have been low due to the southerly, and native fish just shut down and don't eat. From memory you want it 1010 hpa and rising and they will chase anything. Good luck. In situations like that, try a deep jigged soft plastic or a slow moving lure.

Steve

• 1 year later...

Can anyone give me some advice as to what I have to do so I can get some of those

elusive bass lurking at Tallowa Dam?

Date was 31.12.10

I tried throwing some surface cikada lures, some blades, and a few jackalls, but to no avail.

I only managed to catch one small fella bout 20cms or so (obviously released).

But then again, it's been a slow season for me this year everywhere, not just at Tallowa,

is it just me? Or is this problem affecting others?

And if anyone has any places they wouldn't mind sharing that's not too far away from Liverpool area,

I'm all ears.

Gday spinman was at tallowa dam last wednesday in the hobie got a few early morning hours in before the wind got to much,but still ended up getting around 15 small bass 2 of which were around the 28 to 30 mark good fun on light gear .im a bit of a regular at tallowa and i think ive nearly got them worked out.Everytime i go i make sure the weather has been fairly hot say a week before i go the bass love the top hot layer of water,also i cant stress enough the lure placement, if you can cast nearly on to the bank everytime without getting snagged, your fish tally will times by about 10,my choice of lure at tallowa is the ecogear chubby shallow diver in 40 mm but any lure like that will also do well.and ive found the big fellas usually take up resedence in the deep bays,dont be scared to troll out deep ive got some big carp doing it also good fun on light gear.good luck hope this helps

Edited by hog711