Aluminium for under 10k

Caine1

g'day, currently have a Quintrex Fishabout II, two motors both Mercs (30 and a 6 - backup), new bimini, tilt trailer etc. It is an excellent first boat and exceptionally well built. I am, however, looking to upgrade and want to spend about 10k. I would 'really' prefer aluminium as I like the fact they don't have to be nursed as much. The larger the better and would love it to be quieter than the fishabout as my son loves the boat but it can be a little loud when giving it some throttle. So am looking for some brands etc on what to target and maybe some examples. Have been scouring a popular boating site for a few days now. Cheers.

g'day, currently have a Quintrex Fishabout II, two motors both Mercs (30 and a 6 - backup), new bimini, tilt trailer etc. It is an excellent first boat and exceptionally well built. I am, however, looking to upgrade and want to spend about 10k. I would 'really' prefer aluminium as I like the fact they don't have to be nursed as much. The larger the better and would love it to be quieter than the fishabout as my son loves the boat but it can be a little loud when giving it some throttle. So am looking for some brands etc on what to target and maybe some examples. Have been scouring a popular boating site for a few days now. Cheers.

Have you considered the Polycraft? They are pretty tough (in some ways tougher than aluminium) and will out perform your tinnie (ride, stability).

Hi mate

My mate is selling his Polycraft, 4.1 meter with a 40hp yammy four stroke with 20 hours, great boat with leccy motor fitted and all and his selling it for 13k would be very nice and quiet boat, if your interested let us know and i'll see if he still has it

Edited by cut_loose