Pumicestone Passage 18/5

Ken A

I went around for a fish with Hookem Herby on the runout tide this morning. Fishing was very slow as we had a south east wind blowing (as usual) stuffing things up.

I managed 3 bream all taken on SX-40 in colour 306. There's a pic below of a fish about 28cm or so.

I have noticed that the better paint job on the SX-40's is standing up very well to the fish. The current one I am using has taken about 20 fish & has not lost any paint at all.

A real improvement in quality :thumbup:

post-1-1116388864_thumb.jpg

Nice one ken, i'm a big fan of the paint job on the new 40's. I also have given one of my 306's a good work out and still all nice and pretty. :1naughty::1naughty:

It'd be about that time of the year when the big bream start to show up around your way again soon won't it??

Mitch

I get more than my moneys worth out of SX-40's. Its rare to lose them here as I fish mainly open water. Last season I caught 87 Bream on one & 65 on another so if thats not getting your moneys worth what is :1naughty::1naughty: How much are bream fillets a kilo :1prop:

Mitch the big Bream here are mixed with the small ones & any cast can mean a 40 plus fish. Its a nice lucky dip :biggrin2:

I don't mind my lures looking second hand but the new finish on the SX-40's is very durable.

I managed another 3 today in better conditions but I had to bale out early to come home & meet my family when they arrive from Sydney.

Herby was just arriving so maybe he will go better?