Wet Day On Lake Mac.

twinfisher

Poked my head out the back door 4am yesterday, it was pooring down.Isaid to myself,"Self don,t be a wooz go get um" So i did after a couple of cups of coffee,armed with a warm waterproof jacket and canopy and side curtains on the boat. :1fishing1:I,m on the water at 6am and didn,t venture too far from the ramp. Chucked out two baits on light gear hoping for a bream, one went off, a small snapper with the hook down to its date. : :thumbdown: The second went off and bugger me if i didn,t get a 32cm reddie. :1clap: 3 more went back to mum before i had another good run and after a real good tusstle i boated a 34cm reddie. Whats going on here two sessions in a row. :thumbup::thumbup: The action slowed down about 8am so i drifted further than i normaly do, iscored my first Lake Mac. flatty 48cm. The wind picked up so i called it a day. My wife and my next door niebour said i was crazy going fishing in that weather. :tease::yahoo: Well i,m here to tell you i,m not crazy but not far off it.Good luck all. Norm.

Guest Jocool
My wife and my next door niebour said i was crazy going fishing in that weather. :tease: 

48139[/snapback]

They still think your crazy after you fed them? :074: Good going Norm! :thumbup:

Good result/report Norm - that 4 am start would have stopped me though!!

The weather around Newcastle has been very damp lately. I try to

get the tinny in the water between showers and some of my sessions have been very short due to approaching rain. Plenty of bream, lizards and tailor (bruiser of 1.2 kg this morning) but the whiting have been off the bite the last couple of days.

They still think your crazy after you fed them? :074: Good going Norm! :thumbup:

48145[/snapback]

Being up so early and all, i had a shower and and a siester. When i was back with the living i discovered that both snapper had been eaten for lunch. I was left with the lizard. :1badmood::1badmood::1badmood:

Well done norm :thumbup: looks like that spot seems to be paying of for you... Did you get any pics?

48152[/snapback]

Yeh mate i,ve got some pics, i havn,t worked out how to post them yet. Howzat is helping me out so i,ll get there. :tease: