Wollemi National Park

ritchie

Me and my mates are planning a weekend camping trip up in the Wollemi NP's Dunns swamp camping grounds..Ive been there before as a day trip but never camped or fished.. Has anyone in this forum fished in that area/Dunns swamp? Any info would be highly appriciated..Thank you!

Only fished there once, couldn't catch a yella but managed a few cod of surface lures. Dusk, dawn and after dark were the best times. Didn't get any hits around the reeds, all the fish came of the deeper rock walls. Good luck.

Cheers, Dean

Only fished there once, couldn't catch a yella but managed a few cod of surface lures. Dusk, dawn and after dark were the best times. Didn't get any hits around the reeds, all the fish came of the deeper rock walls. Good luck.

Cheers, Dean

Thanks Dean..cant wait to give it a go..what sort of surface lures were you using? And which rock walls are you referring to? I am thinking of taking a few surface lures and some garden warms..

The lower end of the dam is full of rock walls. Use a spinner bait to fish these areas through the day and find the deeper sections then come back later and use the surface lures. Any big paddler will do, I like the kingfisher mantis jointed 85mm and mudeye depth charge 85mm both in black.

The lower end of the dam is full of rock walls. Use a spinner bait to fish these areas through the day and find the deeper sections then come back later and use the surface lures. Any big paddler will do, I like the kingfisher mantis jointed 85mm and mudeye depth charge 85mm both in black.

Thanks Mate..seems like camping no go this weekend :( forecast says rains this weekend..so, hopefully next weekend.. thanks for the tips..will def keeep in mind..