Epic Fishing Holiday

reel_success

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at quitting my summer job early this year and splurging some cash on a professional fishing trip before returning to again uni this year.

I'm thinking of maybe opting to go to NT as the floods in QLD are causing chaos. I'm thinking of going on my own as i'm struggling to find a buddy that has the time off work. With this I hope to slip into a spare spot on a charter trip, rather than just stay in town and go on local charters.

I'm just wondering if you guys have recommendations of places to go anywhere in Australia that could be a sort of short trip of a life time. I'm really in very early ideas stages so if you could share any experiences or tips that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone - Cam

Hi Cam

Another place to consider is Lord Howe. Has very good landbased fishing jetty, beach & rocks for kings, silver drummer, bluefish, trevally etc. Also has various charters and trips available.

The only place ever that I've been pulling in a shark and had it taken by a kingfish.

Bruce

I am also planning a trip to NT in May. Ive heard many incredible stories about that place. People spinning of the beach with stella's and saltigas getting busted of on Spaniards. A story like that makes me druel. If you do decide to go NT, let me know how you go. Have you considered going to WA? Places like Quobba, Kalbarri and Exmouth. If you wanna go north QLD then perhaps you should look at places like Cairns. Just gota be careful of sandflies and crocs if you fishing land based.

On one of the great fishing shows that is on, I saw a place called ECO beach resort??? I think that was its name.. up in the top end somewhere near Broome or between there and darwin.. The fishing was awsome and I am thinking of adding it to my list.. you could try googling it :thumbup: GOOD LUCK