Complete beginner

Howdoweplaythis

Hi everyone,

I'll start off by saying i used to go fishing with my dad once or twice a year when he had a day off work. I loved every moment of it, but we never really geared up very seriously so we only ever caught undersized or more commonly, nothing at all!

I'm a little older now and ive decided it'd be nice to start fishing more seriously and take it up as a hobby. I plan to get started by fishing narrabeen lake because im familiar with the area. And with this, i have a thousand questions :P

All of my questions below apply to narrabeen lake.

My dad taught me to tie a sinker directly to the main line and a hook further down. A bit of trolling through the boards has told me that people seem to tie leaders and all sorts of things. What kind of rig should i tie? And what hook and sinker size should i be using?

What time is best to fish, and do tides apply to the lake? Further, what bait should i be using (my dad and i normally cut up live beach and blood worms - seems to catch us small bream) and where should i be aiming when i cast?

A few of these have already been answered in the narrabeen lake article on here, but wanted to know what everyone else thought too.

Thanks in advance

Can one of the local Northern Beaches Raiders take this fellow under their wing and show him the basics to get started on his quest.

:1welcomeani: to Fishraider.

Regards Swordfisherman