Kings (15/1/11)

fishmaniac

With a break in the weather I ducked out for a fish this afternoon with my younger brother.

We headed south of the heads and found a large school of rats in near the cliffs. The action was hot and we landed about 15-20 kings before we decided to move on. They were all undersized but it was still fun.

We then fished a couple of harbour markers and got a good king at 74cm (released) and a samson fish around 55cm.

We got checked twice my maritime and water police. I hope they got those guys keeping rats!!! :ranting2:

Thinking of heading wider tommorrow. Was anyone out around the 12 mile or equivalent distance? If so what temp were you reading as it looks like the water has cooled?

post-6215-057390200 1295087724_thumb.jpg

Edited by fishmaniac

With a break in the weather I ducked out for a fish this afternoon with my younger brother.

We headed south of the heads and found a large school of rats in near the cliffs. The action was hot and we landed about 15-20 kings before we decided to move on. They were all undersized but it was still fun.

We then fished a couple of harbour markers and got a good king at 74cm (released) and a samson fish around 55cm.

We got checked twice my maritime and water police. I hope they got those guys keeping rats!!! :ranting2:

Thinking of heading wider tommorrow. Was anyone out around the 12 mile or equivalent distance? If so what temp were you reading as it looks like the water has cooled?

Well done andrew the weather and seas were great to be out and about yesterday,great work on the kings awsome stuff.

Good to see maritime and police doing checks i had them come up to me yesterday and they were very pleasant to talk with.I was also checked on last trip out for flares,v sheet etc but all was good.

I couldn,t believe my eyes how many people fish in the harbour at night as it was my second trip there with the boat.

chris

The fish were caught on both lures and bait. The larger fish was caught on fresh squid.

The harbour is heating up, i got water temperatures around 24.5 near the bridge and about 23-24 near the heads.

Today my girlfriend and I caught about 40 rats. We finished the day with doyles and a swim. Great day out albeit small fish.

Edited by fishmaniac