Mahi Mahi in Syd Harbour

TeeKay

Hi Guys, My first post. Went to The Harbour this morning to troll for bonito. Fished between The Heads where it was very sloppy. In between bonito we had a screaming run & landed a Mahi Mahi which went 1.2 metres & a tick under 15 lbs.

Photo attached (I hope).

post-16696-073009100 1295326228_thumb.jpg

Hi Guys, My first post. Went to The Harbour this morning to troll for bonito. Fished between The Heads where it was very sloppy. In between bonito we had a screaming run & landed a Mahi Mahi which went 1.2 metres & a tick under 15 lbs.

Photo attached (I hope).

Excellant catch,i caught one last year at jibbon cronulla on the day of the tsunami warning. Was going wide till warning was heard.Amazing what you catch if you put the time in.AWSOME CATCH.

chris.

It's amazing the things you see at times. I've seen lion fish on sow & pigs, blue barred parrots off blue fish, mangrove jack off the bower, thrasher shark off north head, marlin at the spit at fingal bay, mud crab from the bower, and photos of a barra west of syd harbor bridge.

So a dolly between the heads works for me. Well done.

That is unbelievable to get a dolly that size as close to the heads as that . What was the temp out there as I have noticed it starting to come in closer finally . Top fish & welcome to raider. :thumbup:

hey mate i was out there yesterday, the temp is sitting between 23-24 deg