Lithgow trout

ericxue

Hello raiders, has anyone been fishing near Lithgow lately?

Lake Lyell, TCD, or any small streams?

Want hear something about there, maybe go there this weekend and give a go, thank you! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I had a call from a friend in Lithgow the other week to say Lake Lyell was full and overflowing with trout moving up onto the newly covered ground, so it shoudl be worth a go. Haven't been able to manage the trip yet myself. :(

Good luck.

Baz

Not since it spilled, but I would expect the fishing to be good on the newly covered ground. Early morning or evening with insect hatches would be best for Summer conditions (all though it is distinctly un-summer like at the moment).

TCD is slowly rising too and could well be worth a look.

Cheers

Windy

Managed to land some 50cm+ Browns at TCD on Christmas eve on soft plastics. Lyell, as mentioned is full and looks great but if you go on the weekend it's full of water skiers. As for the streams, the Coxs River and Fish river will have plenty of fish.

Matt

Managed to land some 50cm+ Browns at TCD on Christmas eve on soft plastics. Lyell, as mentioned is full and looks great but if you go on the weekend it's full of water skiers. As for the streams, the Coxs River and Fish river will have plenty of fish.

Matt

Thank you mate, i dont really like water skiers, :wacko: .

By the way, i dont know where to get down to the Coxs River?

Eric

I don't fish the Coxs much but I know people that do and they always seem to catch fish. As with most places in the central west access is an issue with private property surrounding most of the waterways. Having said that, there are three main access points offering limited access to the River. These are where the Lithgow, Jenolan Caves and Coxs River Roads cross the river. All roads come of the Great Western Hwy, have a look on Google maps for more detail. Hope that helps....

Matt

• 3 months later...