Jewie Baits

rjc123

Heading up for a few days at Bar Pt. What sort of Bait would be suitable to take when targeting jewies. Would i have a chance with Mullet strips or Bonito???? Any places to buy bait on the north shore then PM me please!!!!

Ive tried mullets strips with no sucess, I think from understanding of a mate, they like live, whole or butterflied baits. so squid that is still changing colour is the way to go, butterflying dead baits, or just a good old live bait stuck to the bottom by a sinker.

mate best thing to do is while ur away go to ur closest wharf or jetty! buy a bait jig from the tackle store or use a little hook with tiny pieces of chicken, pilly or prawn! take some bread for bearly n catch ur own live yakkas or tailor... cant beat freshly caught bait for jews!

I have hooked some absolute monsters on fresh dead arrow squid. Always good to put one live bait down directly below the boat and then you dead baits behind it - the idea been that the livie will attract the jewie but while swimming up to it will take one of the dead baits. Also had varied success on butterflied tailer, yellowtail and mullet.

Good luck

yeh, i know. a few of them would have been about that. In my local tackle store they have whole Bonnies and whole Massive mullet. I'd like to take some bait along so which one do u reckon for jewies???