run in tide botany bay

cjchen

heya all

so i've worked out that run in tide in botany bay isn't that great, after all my efforts

suggested by a mate of mine that cold water from ocean comes in , clear and cold turning fish off

so where do all the fish end up when a run in of cold water comes in????????

hides in georges river, woolooware bay?

but i read somewhere that in winter a warm ocean run in can turn fish on as well

any masters out there want to share where i should focus on a run in tide?

heya all

so i've worked out that run in tide in botany bay isn't that great, after all my efforts

suggested by a mate of mine that cold water from ocean comes in , clear and cold turning fish off

so where do all the fish end up when a run in of cold water comes in????????

hides in georges river, woolooware bay?

but i read somewhere that in winter a warm ocean run in can turn fish on as well

any masters out there want to share where i should focus on a run in tide?

I dont agree, you need to find what areas of the bay fish better on the run in and what areas fish better on the run out. Work out what species you are targeting and how the the incoming tide depending on size of tide will effect certain areas of the bay eg current speed etc etc. Good fresh or live bait, light line and sinker and a steady burley trail and patience my friend.

I've had some amazing sessions fishing up Salt Pan Creek with the incoming tide, throwing hardbodys at the mangroves. Same goes for the river up around Milperra and Bankstown Airport. The fish aren't in the bay because they are following the water up the river and working the areas normally exposed at low tide or that are too shallow on the bottom of the tide.

Don't forget, fish like bream, flathead and whiting use the tide to enter the flats and shallow bays on the run in tide so fishing the main bay may not always be where the fish are.