Georges RIver near Moorebank NoobQuestion

eazye1974

Hi Guys

Just moved into Moorebank from NZ and the Georges river Im glad to hear has some good fish. Im a total noob to aussie fresh water fishing. So any tips? I have the following questions- some may sound silly dumb so please excuse my ignorance.

Whats the best times to fish that fish are more productive?

Bream and Jewies- whats the best bait?

any tips would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Kiwi

Hey Mate, welcome to fishraider!

Firstly, The Georges is saltwater.

If you have a browse through the fishing chat section on this site, you will learn a bunch of stuff re: targeting jews and other species.

Squid, live yellowtail or slimy mackeral, or even slab baits will do for jews. Bream will take anything from bread pilchard and prawns to even crabs and live poddy mullet.

And dont forget the soft plastics/ hardbodies if you have the patience.

Good luck!

Mick

Hey Mate, welcome to fishraider!

Firstly, The Georges is saltwater.

If you have a browse through the fishing chat section on this site, you will learn a bunch of stuff re: targeting jews and other species.

Squid, live yellowtail or slimy mackeral, or even slab baits will do for jews. Bream will take anything from bread pilchard and prawns to even crabs and live poddy mullet.

And dont forget the soft plastics/ hardbodies if you have the patience.

Good luck!

Mick

Thats for the welcome and the local knowledge. I caught a couple of bream tonight using fresh prawns- im stoked. Cant wait to get some gear and go for the jew fish. Either way Im glad to be fishing. Thanks for the heads up.

welcome to fishraider n oz, have a go at picnic point for jewies, fresh squid in the last lightish or early morning around the high tide is worth a try, even flicken plastics n lures around lighted areas a night, around bridges n stuff works, i usually fish the hawkesbury river, but started fishing my local waters my self, there are heaps of posts on here to give you some tips about that area, just type in geoges river in the search section, it opened my eyes,also have a sus on google maps to check out bridges n what not along the river, follow it from chipping norton to botany bay, theres heaps of spots to discover, good luck