Hawks Nest

Geecee

Fish the sandspit near yacaba head on the jimmys beach side. A good hour there at dusk should get you half a dozen legal whiting. Just buy some beach worms from the sports store and your all good. i was there a few weeks ago and got a few good whiting.

I usually just buy beach worms up there at the local tackle store and also get pippi`s from the beach. I always catch big whiting and bream up there biggest so far is 45cm whiting and a 40cm bream.

i just go searching through the day for the best gutters and fish them late arvo.

I'm actually up there next weekend fishing so look out for my report hopefully i'll get lots and i can tell ya where to go.

Easy place to get yabbies is on the Tea Gardens side of the Singing Bridge or just up from the boat ramp on the Hawks Nest side.

The beach has been full of weed lately, no good for fishing. Locals told me that it has been that way for weeks.

Live beach worms usually available at the Hawks Nest sports store, or plenty on the northern end of the main beach.

I caught a huge bream (2.5kg) off the surf beach there about 5 years ago on a whole squid as the sun was going down, also in the morning at the beach on the other side (can't remember the name but there was no surf!) we caught sharks and rays early morning - around 6-630ish.

Good luck