Icy Lake Ep

I Dusted off the waders for a couple of Narra Lake sessions this week, with the recent rains the water is icy cold...i'd estimate it at about 16-17 degrees..but hey I'm no thermometer! I managed a few choppers and an Estuary perch. I was very relieved to get another EP from narrabeen...it's been just over 2 years.

It took a jig spinner interestingly enough, I'd be interested to know what peoples thoughts on using jig spinners for EP's is...are they as dynamite on EPS as they are for bass, because I don't often hear about people targeting EPS with spinnerbaits/jigpinners/revheads. Maybe its because people generally fish deeper tidal waters for EPS than they do for bass?

I was surprised to find that despite all the recent rain and flooding of the wakehurst parkway the lake is still closed to the sea :thumbdown: The water level is very high and given a bit more rain the mouth could open. If the lake opens in the next month or so, could someone shoot us a PM.

Cheers,

Lizard

post-78-1116655731_thumb.jpg

Thats a very good looking EP there lizard, looks healthy and fat. Well done on the choppers there as well. I havnt been there for about 5 weeks at least, but will probably head there tomorrow and target tailor on fly. As for the spinners, cant say I can help you there with jig spinners as my EPs have been bycatch.

Thats a very good looking EP there lizard, looks healthy and fat.  Well done on the choppers there as well.  I havnt been there for about 5 weeks at least, but will probably head there tomorrow and target tailor on fly.  As for the spinners, cant say I can help you there with jig spinners as my EPs have been bycatch.

48610[/snapback]

Narra,

Do you go in your tinnie to fly :whip: for tailor at Narrabeen or shore/wade?

Cheers

Trev

Hi Trev,

I usually go in the tinny to fish on the lake, its just easier getting around. Caught 5 choppers this morning to about 30 cms on fly, chatruesse clousers with weighted eyes and another 2 with the silver slug, dropped about 3, including the biggest one of the day. I only use the slug to find the fish trolling, usually around the bridge and channels, once found I drift and get into them with the fly. You could wade around the shore as Lizard did, you just got to find them.

cheers