Australia Day Kings

quintrex480

Decided to finally take the wife out fishing, and hopefully land some kings and hopefully she can understand why I wake up at 4am to do what we all love doing. She got her mother to tag along as well and she's a pretty keen fisherman, all good as long as I don't hear any nagging :biggrin2:

Got to the bay at 8:00 and have never seen the car park so full, but luckily the ramp was empty, so got the boat in quickly and headed to the yakka grounds, the wife and mother-in-law had a ball catching yakka's and we had about 10 in no time. Headed straight to molli point and to my amazement it was pretty empty, I wonder where everyone was! quite strange.

Anyways, put the livies and down and soon after we were on our first king, came up to 60cm, took some happy snaps and went straight back in, went quiet for a little, but then the second rat was up. Said to the mrs that the next one was her's and she'll have to bring it in, and it was on, handed her the rod and it was the funniest thing, she almost went in the water!!! ahahhaha :074::074: I was pissing myself laughing!! but eventually it was in the boat to 58cm, went straight back in. Had some fellas behind us yelling 'give me' 'give me' 'give me' was quite annoying! don't they understand the legal size of fish!!!

Anyways, took in a couple more rats and we were down to our last yakka, and no keepers yet, prayed that the last one would go legal, so at least I can make the mother in law happy! and I hear zzzzzzzzzzzzz... normally that doesn't happen with the rats, and I knew we were onto something substantial, finally came in to 70cms WOOHHHOOO!!! what luck!!! a shame the batter on the phone went dead so couldn't take a photo.

Was contemplating heading back for some more yakkas but it was getting late in the day and we had a feed for tonight, so decided to just head home. A pretty good day, hopefully now the Mrs understands why we do what we do. :biggrin2:

Attached a pic of the mrs with her first kingie, and boy was she happy!!!

post-16665-034860300 1296024921_thumb.jpg

Nice to see your misses and mother in law having a good time chasing kings. I have the same struggles lol... They just don't get it! Or are we wrong?? Don't know but hate getting fights over my passion. Funny how they like the bait fishing more though. And on ya on finding a legal:thumbup:. We did pretty well in the harbour today aswell

haha gotta love the fog yesterday morning!

I think im gonna have to start waking up and heading down early instead of the arvo, i was there in the arvo for nothing!

and yes, took my mother out with me and she didnt wanna stop fishing for yakkas haha.

Guest Aussie007

Decided to finally take the wife out fishing, and hopefully land some kings and hopefully she can understand why I wake up at 4am to do what we all love doing. She got her mother to tag along as well and she's a pretty keen fisherman, all good as long as I don't hear any nagging :biggrin2:

Got to the bay at 8:00 and have never seen the car park so full, but luckily the ramp was empty, so got the boat in quickly and headed to the yakka grounds, the wife and mother-in-law had a ball catching yakka's and we had about 10 in no time. Headed straight to molli point and to my amazement it was pretty empty, I wonder where everyone was! quite strange.

Anyways, put the livies and down and soon after we were on our first king, came up to 60cm, took some happy snaps and went straight back in, went quiet for a little, but then the second rat was up. Said to the mrs that the next one was her's and she'll have to bring it in, and it was on, handed her the rod and it was the funniest thing, she almost went in the water!!! ahahhaha :074::074: I was pissing myself laughing!! but eventually it was in the boat to 58cm, went straight back in. Had some fellas behind us yelling 'give me' 'give me' 'give me' was quite annoying! don't they understand the legal size of fish!!!

Anyways, took in a couple more rats and we were down to our last yakka, and no keepers yet, prayed that the last one would go legal, so at least I can make the mother in law happy! and I hear zzzzzzzzzzzzz... normally that doesn't happen with the rats, and I knew we were onto something substantial, finally came in to 70cms WOOHHHOOO!!! what luck!!! a shame the batter on the phone went dead so couldn't take a photo.

Was contemplating heading back for some more yakkas but it was getting late in the day and we had a feed for tonight, so decided to just head home. A pretty good day, hopefully now the Mrs understands why we do what we do. :biggrin2:

well done mate its good to see u putting the fish back its funny when a place is packed with fisherman and u put under size fish back and your the only one catching fish :thumbup:

Did you try any other spots besides Molli?

So has the mother in law started nagging you to take her out fishing again?

It is great to take your family fishing and watch them land fish.

So do we follow the greenboat around, or the boat with Pink noodle at the front or the Quintrex 480? :)

So do we follow the greenboat around, or the boat with Pink noodle at the front or the Quintrex 480? :)

Been taking friends out that 'virgins' in the kingfish department and molli point has always produced everytime I've been out so I just stick to the point. Tried the drums a couple of times and only managed a couple of rats!

Yeah I can't wait till my son is a little bit older so I can show him the joys of fishing.

You can always count on Scotty to show u some great grounds, I learned a lot from him when I went out with him last year, so anyone wanting to learn how to fish the bay, definitely book in a session with Scotty. Not too sure who the pink noodle is?

Sure you can follow the quintrex 480, give me a holla and i'll definitely try to pass on my limited knowledge on landing kings. I am always in my 'lucky' black shimano cap hehehe

AHHH Pink Noodle = Trung :biggrin2:

well yes, from his last post, I'll definitely keep my eye out for him :biggrin2:

Good to see you got your mum and Mrs out there :biggrin2:

But damn, sorry! I have to say this... stuff the Kingies, your Mrs is the real catch ..... A Mrs that beautiful and fishes with you?? You have found :1fishing1: heaven on earth :yahoo: